Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA to hold meeting to dicuss play offs

• 23-11-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

<H1>FIFA President calls extraordinary meeting of FIFA Executive Committee

Due to recent events in the world of football, namely incidents at the play-offs for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, match control (refereeing) and irregularities in the football betting market, the FIFA President has called an extraordinary meeting of the Executive Committee.
    The extraordinary meeting of the Executive Committee will take place in Cape Town on 2 December 2009, starting at 15.00.

</H1>
    http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/bodies/media/newsid=1139001.html#fifa+president+calls+extraordinary+meeting+executive+committee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Its a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Love the way its in Cape Town aswell.

This meeting proudly brought to you by Adidas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Finally. About time they showed they were going to take it seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

They'll huff and puff but ultimately do nothing about it.

Anyway, the reason it's on in Cape Town that particular day is because that's 2 days before the World Cup finals draw takes place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It would have been an insult if they hadn't called an egm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

there will be champagne for everyone for a job well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lots of hot air will soon be emanating from Cape Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Probably in true Fifa style, they will completely ignore the Ireland game and only discuss the Algeria Egypt game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We'll get some resolutions, agreements to set up committees and no real decisions worth a piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Probably in true Fifa style, they will completely ignore the Ireland game and only discuss the Algeria Egypt game :D

Good chance that's exactly what they'll do. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

If anyone really thinks that they are going to change their mind then they are living in cloud cuckoo land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They're trying to figure out what technicality can they call Slovenia up on to get Russia into the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

waste of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

in fairness theres no chance we'll get anything out of it and nor should we.
    while its really unfair and harsh that the henry incident happened, there is nothing fifa can do about it.

and if anyone suggests a replay they are having a laugh.
    it'd be more unfair if we get a replay and qualify/ more embarrassing if we get a replay and lose.

the best thing that could come out of this meeting is video technology in soccer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm just happy they're acknowledging it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

They have not acknowledged anything to do with that decision yet have they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

/me chants "Henry banned, Henry banned, Henry banned, Henry banned..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

To be honest it just sounds like FIFA are looking at their charter. If anybody asks about the game they can just come out and say "well we all went to the trouble of organising a meeting in South Africa about it" It just happened to coincide with some other meeting that was scheduled well in advance. Nothing will come from it of course. FIFA just covering their asses. We need to get over it as there is no chance in hell the game will be replayed.

This extraordinary meeting is probably just a name change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

CCCP^ wrote: »
    /me chants "Henry banned, Henry banned, Henry banned, Henry banned..."

Most likely outcome.

Probably screw Slovenia now for Russia not qualifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Probably screw Slovenia now for Russia not qualifying.

Or disqualify them because their jersey is too similar to Englands :D

Ah no, it's good they're recognising it but we won't get anything out of it, maybe a reassurance that it won't happen again but that's about it.

Would love is Henry was banned and then he'd really wonder why he went to such trouble for France as a footballing nation :D

if they introduce Video Technology then it'll be a huge step for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can we all stop stating no replay will come of it?

Its painfully obvious, and they have also told SSN, that the meeting won't discuss the possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The only discussion that will take place is the crowd violence in the algeria/Egypt game

They will posibly give lip service to the match if its brought up they might decide to try the europa league extra refs in a few friendlies with the full implementation for the world cup 2210 Rep of Ireland:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The only mention about the Ireland game will be in order to fast-track the introduction of goal-line assistants for the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

"The first handball honestly was like an awakening. With the first handball, I didn't even know that it touched me, it's after that I had a bad reflex, on the second. I swear I don't even know the first touched my hand."

more bs from Henry , bad reflex. what else will he come up with.

The EGM will be a resounding success, Blatter and co can hail the success of the French team and Adidas exec's will toast them in the finest lobster and bottles of vintage chardonnay.

after-wards Blatter will get payback from Platini...up close and personal. :#

The following day they will welcome the world cup to the people of africa and to the people of the world.

(meaning all the big boys)

or some bs like that....

anyways... is there a bog snorkling world cup next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Fifa will demonstrate they are completely ball-less, ironic considering its football.

Although maybe thats how they lost them.

Bet they wish the had video technology that day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thebman wrote: »
    Fifa will demonstrate they are completely ball-less, ironic considering its football.

Although maybe thats how they lost them.

Bet they wish the had video technology that day :(

no they dont.... France got to SA, as they wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

The cynic in me believes this is a publicity stunt.

Advertisement