Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Online with Laser Card?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Why are laser cards so useless? I want to get a rapidshare account, but of course, they dont take laser. Is there a way I can transfer money from my bank account (AIB) to paypal and then pay for my rs account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

I have heard Wirecard are good but have never used them myself so couldn't tell you much about them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Login to your paypal account. Under 'My Account' click the 'Top up account' option, you will see details of how to transfer from your bank account. Process takes about 4 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

LanceVance wrote: »
    Why are laser cards so useless? I want to get a rapidshare account, but of course, they dont take laser. Is there a way I can transfer money from my bank account (AIB) to paypal and then pay for my rs account?

Most debit cards don't work internationally particularly ones from small countries!

I am sure you can set up PayPal on your online banking and transfer funds that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

BrianD wrote: »
    Most debit cards don't work internationally particularly ones from small countries!

I am sure you can set up PayPal on your online banking and transfer funds that way.

Proper debit cards i.e visa debit will work online. All Irish cards are Laser, which is an Irish only scheme so wont work abroad (except for companies that us an Irish bank as a acquirer). Use a credit card you have more comeback if there is a problem and you have to make a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Or get a Visa Debit (from Halifax or Ulster Bank) - works pretty much anywhere online that accepts Visa credit cards.

Laser is next to useless for online purchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

www.3v.ie would probably be the handiest thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

You'll find debit cards are deliberately crippled to encourage credit card use. That fact won't by written down in any bank; but you'd be stupid to believe otherwise.

Advertisement