Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Ordinary Level

Options
  • 23-11-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone did it and whats it like agus How diffrent is it?

I'm a fair bit behind my class,but I know the two alphabets but grammer and Vocab wise Im not great.When I told my teacher I wanted t do it she was a bit shocked becuase...well no one really does it and I'm doing it on saturdays in a class with people from diffrent schools who are all tottaly dedicated to it and are doing higher lever...and tbh I just want the pass in it.

So yeah anything would be usfull to hear about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭elaine93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I knew about that already heh,But I was just wondering how it felt actually doing them from someone who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Seloth wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone did it and whats it like agus How diffrent is it?

I'm a fair bit behind my class,but I know the two alphabets but grammer and Vocab wise Im not great.When I told my teacher I wanted t do it she was a bit shocked becuase...well no one really does it and I'm doing it on saturdays in a class with people from diffrent schools who are all tottaly dedicated to it and are doing higher lever...and tbh I just want the pass in it.

So yeah anything would be usfull to hear about it.
    No, literally no one has ever done ordinary level Japanese. They have to make out the exam, just in case, but nobody has ever done it. There's about a 97% pass-rate for HL.

http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2009/lc_nat_stats_2009_211009_excluding_10.pdf

It's probably a bit tough if everyone else in your class is total otaku, but it's not too late to catch up. The syllabus is pretty short and there are so many great resources online. See the nihongo forum under soc->languages for some links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Heh,Myself and a friend of mine in another school are both doing the pass,It feels great to be the first :rolleyes:.

Pretty much my teacher told me at the level I'm at now I would fail even ordinary so I really need to srtart working.

Luckily though she's organising grinds for me:D

Advertisement