Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden french door lock / espagnolette bolt

Options
  • 23-11-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a lock to my 1200mm wide hall double door, 50/50 split, similar to a french door.

Preferaby, I'd like to use a lock which allows me to open either door. Normally, the right-hand door has a traditional lock and lever, with the left-hand door held in place with shoot bolts top and bottom. This means to open the left-hand door, you have to open the right-hand door first, then open the top and bottom shoot bolts. I wish to be able to open either door independently, or both simultaneously using two hands.

From crawling the 'net, eventually I discovered what I'm looking for is a pair of espagnolette or 'espag' bolts/locks. Anything I find though is hideously expensive. My doors are wooden and a simple surface mounted system would suffice.

Have any of you found a reasonably priced solution?

Advertisement