Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitting lock

Options
  • 23-11-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi , i just bought a thumb turn loc & release button for my bathroom door as i've young kids .
    guy who supplied and fit doors was meant to come back with same but i'm sick asking him .
    can anyone tell me where the spindle goes through . is it the keywhole in lock ? if so spindle is too big !! do i just need to take off original key lock covers , or whole lock ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You need the door handle that comes with it. Its slightly different to the standard. In stead of the long key hole shape, its just a perfect circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 riffraff2009

great , thanks , i'll prob get that handle in b & q ! does square spindle go through circle then ???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It does ye, its the same type spindle as for the catch/lever mechanism.

Advertisement