Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problematic Mondeo ..115 PS Main Injector Pump needed

• 23-11-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

I have a 2002 Mondeo Turbo Diesel Zetec. Trouble from the day I got it and have spent a fortune on repairs so far. Starter motor went a while back. Recently had to get the smaller injector pump at rear replace.

Other day it started to cut out. Mechanic tells me to scrap car because cost would not justify repairing. I'm told I need to replace the main injector pump for 115 PS engine.

Can't really afford to send to scrap heap. Finding it very hard to source part second hand. Can anyone help with part or advise if it is worth trying to fix ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There has been a few huge threads over on honest john. Might be worth searching a few out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

EPM wrote: »
    There has been a few huge threads over on honest john. Might be worth searching a few out

read something on there alright. seems a common problem for the 2002 model. Ford don't want to know about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Seriously expensive by all accounts. Maybe a replacement engine could do the trick

EPM wrote: »
    Seriously expensive by all accounts. Maybe a replacement engine could do the trick

told that most dismatlers are not keen to strip part from engine to sell seperately.

Imagine 2nd hand engine even more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

howjoe where you based ?is your mondeo an early tdci modle or di .
    did your mechanic get fault codes from the car when it broke down.
    if your model is di when the main fuel pump goes down it normally never starts again ,if its the tdci model there are a few common problems on the early models alot of people arent familar with and there not that hard to cure once you have the nessary equipment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Try Engine Remanufacturing in Castlebar, Co. Mayo - very cheap source of reconditioned fuel pumps. They can supply Ford pumps that don't need to be coded to the ECU of the car which can save you more by cutting out a visit to the main dealer.

http://www.enginere.ie/

ford jedi wrote: »
    howjoe where you based ?is your mondeo an early tdci modle or di .
    did your mechanic get fault codes from the car when it broke down.
    if your model is di when the main fuel pump goes down it normally never starts again ,if its the tdci model there are a few common problems on the early models alot of people arent familar with and there not that hard to cure once you have the nessary equipment .

Thanks Ford Jedi. I've pm'd you more info

Try Engine Remanufacturing in Castlebar, Co. Mayo - very cheap source of reconditioned fuel pumps. They can supply Ford pumps that don't need to be coded to the ECU of the car which can save you more by cutting out a visit to the main dealer.

http://www.enginere.ie/

Thanks for that. WIll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Just as a heads up, the starter motor going is often a sign that the flywheel is on the way out on the TDCI models. How many miles are on it?

When the flywheel starts to break up pieces of metal dust get sucked into the starter and wreck it. Might not be the case with your car but its worth being aware of.

I am not 100% sure but i dont think this is the case with the TDI

tin79 wrote: »
    Just as a heads up, the starter motor going is often a sign that the flywheel is on the way out on the TDCI models. How many miles are on it?

When the flywheel starts to break up pieces of metal dust get sucked into the starter and wreck it. Might not be the case with your car but its worth being aware of.

I am not 100% sure but i dont think this is the case with the TDI

tin,

had to have the flywheel replace last year after starter motor replacement didn't work (it went again because oof damage to flywheel which was not detected) . Disaster of a car.

Thanks for that but current problem is with the fuel injector pump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Ah so you have been through that already then. Just thought it was worth letting you know in case.

tin79 wrote: »
    Ah so you have been through that already then. Just thought it was worth letting you know in case.

yep. hoping for a lucky break with current problem

Advertisement