Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric heater for campervan

Options
  • 23-11-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I agree. I imported 18 months ago - but now I find the selection, price and quality of what's available here has improved so much I might not have bothered. Of course "improved" depends on which side of the fence you are on! Mind you prices have dropped a bit in Germany too. The only ones here that are maintaining a serious premium are the righthand drive models. My guess is that is one of the most important tick boxes for a female driver?

There are still some dealers and sellers who have totally unrealistic ideas of what their van is worth - just like the house owners who imagine they can hold on till they get "what it's really worth" - it's "worth" what the buyers will pay and that's way down on last year. If you look around at websites and newspaper ads you'll spot vans that have been languishing there since LAST summer..... If it ain't selling it's priced too high, guys, and it ain't gonna get any better for a few years yet.
    Hi, we own Weinsberg Camper Van. Want to purchase electric small heater to keep it warm
    during winter months - have seen heater 700 watt for sale in shop. Do you know if this would be suitable???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hi and welcome to the forum

I've opened a new thread for your question as it would get lost on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I use a 700watt and it's great even when away in the winter months. A more expensive but practical option is a dehumidifier with a built in heater. Kills two birds with the one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sheafield

hi. You could check out those Farho heaters another post was talking about. Think they can be set to run at a low heat which consumes very little energy. much lower esb bills than normal heaters:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

If there's no heating in the van then use an electric heater but if there is some kind of a heating system; gas, diesel etc. then use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dashclean

Thanks for all ur replies. Adios for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement