Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Identity

Options
  • 23-11-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Pretty new this game lads, need a few more Irish players to make it more interesting.

It's a character-based simulation; you can play or you can manage. Preparation for players involves a 2 second link click each day for training, while the matches are live in almost real-time.

The livematch is 2D and pretty basic, but it's great craic to play. The Irish league is growing, but only has 3 or 4 truly active teams.

Check it out here:

www.footballidentity.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I second that. Great fun to play. Like a live action Subbuteo!

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

what team are ye playing for? whats your players names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Garyfenton

Phil McCracken with Sporting Muff - yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Play for the Irish Champions, Shamrock FC! Paul McGrath is the player name. Centre back obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I too play this game and I love it. It is a real fun game and the more interactive element to it is superb. I reccommend that anybody who gets a chance jumps on there and gives it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I have to agree with the other lads. This game is absolutely excellent.

You are basically an individual player and train your attributes up every day. But the really fun part is playing the matches. You get to know all the lads on your team and have great craic and the actual matches are brilliant.

This is what the match play is like.

This demo isn't the best thoguh and doesn't do the game much justice. The only real way to realise how enjoyable the game is is to sign up and try it out. The registration take about one minute and is quite painless. There are a few active teams but if some people here gave it a go, we could make it even better. The game has enough quality to keep going for a long time to come and now all it needs is more users!

The developers are going to start a marketing campaign in the next while and it will surely grow then but if you join now, we have the chance to make the Irish team one of the best in the world.

Give it a go and I promise you'll be recommending it to your friends really soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 clintgreenford

very good game. to make the most of it though you really need to be available for match days, which are weds and saturdays, from 8.30pm to 9.40 pm. if u can do this, i think you will love the game.

currently ireland has 4 active teams in a league of 12 (so other 8 teams are bot teams waiting for human users). We really need more users to make the copetition more exciting, the 3rd gae seson an irelands second season starts this evening.

Another dimension to the game is instead of being a player, you can instead be a journalist or a manager.

Managers obviously manage, and can manage teams in any country. There are only a few irish mnagers

Journalists ar for those creative types, who can write articles etc on the game. there are no irish journalists yet, but plenty of material for them to write on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Have to add my 2c also.

This game is way more fun to play than it should be. Its really a fantastic game. Its under constant development too. All you need to spare is about 1 hour on a Wednesday night and on Sunday night (match nights).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

how do ya join a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    how do ya join a team?

You need to be offered a contract by a club. whats your player name and what position are you hoping to train/play as? I'll ask our gaffa to send you a contract offer if we can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

playing for Internazionale Romania dunno, how to join an irish team, got an offer so i accepted it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

This looks really interesting to me, but which nights are game nights. I know it's wednesday but one poster above says Saturday another Sunday. Since I'm on a shift roster in work, I'll have to miss 2 out every 6 weeks for Wednesday (same for Saturday) but I'm available every Sunday. Would that ruin the game for me, if I was missing those games every couple of weeks, and would it annoy any team mates?

Edit: Sure what the hell, just joined up if anyone is looking for a left back

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

You can absolutely still play mate!! Everybody misses games and the idea is to get enough active players to cover those that cant make a particular day :)

It's a brilliant game but we need more players to join so that the league can have more active teams!!

Got grabbed by Muir Utd in the Irish league as a player already, so seems like an active game, and from what (admittedly little) I've seen, everyone is keen and friendly on it. Sorted.

Patser wrote: »
    Got grabbed by Muir Utd in the Irish league as a player already, so seems like an active game, and from what (admittedly little) I've seen, everyone is keen and friendly on it. Sorted.

Jesus, that happened quickly. :D

We're hoping Muir United will be another active team. We could be up to 5 active teams which would start to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Joined there yesterday,the names Jimmy Floyd and looking for a club!

Gillington wrote: »

Go to the Forums section, and in there there is a section for advertising yourself, and another for clubs looking for new players. Muir United, the team that grabbed me, is brand new and entirely made up of new players lookong to build up stats.

Gillington wrote: »

That's great Gillington. I guess with that name you're a striker yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Hey guys,

Joined a few days ago. I'm a striker that goes by the name Ronan Kyle. If anyone needs a striker, please sign me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Joined this a couple of weeks ago. Just got signed to a team a couple of days ago and got to play in a match last night. I think the fact you can actually take part in the matches is brilliant. I'm going to stick with it for a while anyway.

• Advertisement

The Irish League is actually coming on in leaps and bounds. In the few weeks that I've been on, 4 new teams have joined the league. Now one ia a blow in, a Swedish Team (Skulls of Ownage, who find the Irish match times better for themselves). But the other 3 seem to be Irish start ups. The league wont let a team start up til there is a full roster of players and a manager, but the more players the better, as the computer owned (Bot) teams are poor opposition while the real fun is playing against real players.

Actually, one of the bigger shortages in the Irish league are managers, so if any FM experts want to try managing a team of human controlled players - arranging transfers, organising training, hassling players to be active and stay - it's a different challenge here.

As for any new players looking for a team, go to the Republic of Ireland forum and post up there for a job, some of the new teams need extra players. Ps You can have more than one character, but it's not recommended to have them in the same league, as you'll be trying to play 2/3 matches at once. But you could 'manage' in one league and 'play' in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Just signed up im a defender den irwin and iv already posted in the forums so here goes to becoming the next big name in irish footy haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭elrono

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Just signed up im a defender den irwin and iv already posted in the forums so here goes to becoming the next big name in irish footy haha

I'm guessin your the lad we signed a few days ago?

I play Sporting Muff in Ireland it a great game in all fairness, games 8:30 Sundays and wednesdays, other contries play at different times, so if the Irish times don't suit you, you can always play abroad.

The Irish league is growing very fastly, we're going to have are 8th team joining us tonight.

Yeah the Irish league is coming on in leaps and bounds recently. With the amount of active teams we'll have, it'll make the game even more enjoyable to play. Anyone who reads this that hasn't given it a go yet, I'd urge you to try it. I'm still to hear someone who's tried it and not liked it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

i should be at training now...any idea how i get there?

froosh69 wrote: »
    i should be at training now...any idea how i get there?

I'm a bit late and hope you managed to find it but you just go to your character page where you usually click the link to your next match and Next Team Training is there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MartinJ1

Now this game is growing kind of fast and we just need some more players before getting new clubs.
    A hint might be to create a defending player since many want to be attacking players so it might be easier to get play time as defending player....

MartinJ1 wrote: »
    Now this game is growing kind of fast and we just need some more players before getting new clubs.
    A hint might be to create a defending player since many want to be attacking players so it might be easier to get play time as defending player....

Yeah he's not joking! It's gone from 4 teams at the start of this thread to 10 or 11 now! There's a good number of Boards members after signing up in the past few days so if you join now you could end up being part of what's effectively a Boards team. It really is good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MartinJ1

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah he's not joking! It's gone from 4 teams at the start of this thread to 10 or 11 now! There's a good number of Boards members after signing up in the past few days so if you join now you could end up being part of what's effectively a Boards team. It really is good fun.

And we need more players!!!
    I hope some want to be defenders as well and not only midfielders or forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Brilliant game this great for team spirit

Advertisement