Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private school in Maynooth

Options
  • 23-11-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello!
    Our family move out from Dublin to Maynooth after New Year,just wondering for any help to find out which best school in this area would be good for my child girl 8 years old .She now in German private school in south dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There are 4 primary schools in Maynooth. 1 is a boys school so not an option for you. The other three are the PresentationGirls National School, the Gael Scoil (taught through Irish) and the Maynooth Educate Together school (mixed).

Being 8 she's probably in 2nd class and I know there are places available in that class in the Educate Together school. I'm involved in that school on the Board of Management (I must declare my involvement to show my bias) and my two kids are in it also. It's a multi-denominational school with children from many countries attending which may suit your child. The Presentation Girl's school is a Catholic run school and I have no idea of the demographic in it.

If you want any information on the Educate Together school reply here or send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Only a tiny minority of irish children go to private school especially at Primary level...maybe different where you come from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tatjana

Hi,i just looking for a help .
    She going now in one of the best school for her(my opinion).
    We are not happy to move her out from this school ...only because we bought beautiful house in your area.
    Would be great for any help and advice about school around Kildare .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

the North Kildare Educate Together I've heard is a really good school! Its in Celbridge but its right beside Maynooth and wouldnt take long to get there also Bus Eireann run a bus runs Maynooth to the school!

Its also right beside St. Wolstans which is an all girls multi dominacito denominational secondary school. its ethos is catholic but any religious back round is welcome.

Both schools are newly built and have very good classroom and sport facilities! I went to St. Wolstans myself and really liked it as a school. theres plenty of educational clubs (biology, chemistry etc) and also sport clubs (basketball tennis badminton football soccer hockey etc)

Good luck with your search and choice. :D

Advertisement