Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding Plumbing and Heating Questions

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hey there, would any plumber mind taking a look at my thread? It is flood related but only getting around to fixing it now. Many thanks!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055765815

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skyagree

Hi, we have been without water for 3 days now due to "Big Freeze". Checked mains stop tap in the road on Saturday & it was bone dry checked again this morning and found water in the box it appears to be dripping around one of the large nuts at the top of the unit, but still no water coming to house.
    What do I do? Is this unrelated to my frozen pipe problem do I still have to wait for a significant thaw....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

skyagree wrote: »
    Hi, we have been without water for 3 days now due to "Big Freeze". Checked mains stop tap in the road on Saturday & it was bone dry checked again this morning and found water in the box it appears to be dripping around one of the large nuts at the top of the unit, but still no water coming to house.
    What do I do? Is this unrelated to my frozen pipe problem do I still have to wait for a significant thaw....

Sorry to hear you still have no water, sounds like outside stopcock gland is weeping, not sure what type you have, if its an old stopcock, brass body with square key for opening, then it could be the gland. If it's a newer type stopcock, no idea why its dripping from here, so many different ones out there.

Water could be live up to valve and a bit after, then it could stop when it meets a frost plug. You could have a section of underground mains pipe raised and that section could be still frozen, some pressure might have built up @ stopcock from no water use and that could be causing the weep.

Afraid to say, your going to have to wait it out, when water comes back on check stopcock a day or two later, if its still weeping, best ring Co Council, if water comes out, water can go back in if you get me.

Advertisement