Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As near as we'll probably ever get to a GN'R reunion!

• 23-11-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Sadly this is about as near as we'll ever get to an Original GN'R re-union. Slash,Duff and Steven Adler hooked up last night at a charity show along with dave navarro and chester bennington. It's the first time Adler has hooked up with Slash and Duff together. Pity about the vocals though!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    Sadly this is about as near as we'll ever get to an Original GN'R re-union. Slash,Duff and Steven Adler hooked up last night at a charity show along with dave navarro and chester bennington. It's the first time Adler has hooked up with Slash and Duff together. Pity about the vocals though!!

That ain't that bad. If yer complaining about the vocals - stay at home n listen to the cd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Come on guys. Can't you finally get together a reunite. I'm not digging Axl and his friends very much. Even though Chinese Democracy was quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Come on guys. Can't you finally get together a reunite. I'm not digging Axl and his friends very much. Even though Chinese Democracy was quite good.

Hate to say it but the relationship between Axl and the rest renders a re-union unlikely. Unless Axl falls on hard times and needs the big bucks that a re-union tour would bring i can't see it happening. The rest of the guys seem happy with their various projects and life outta the spotlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i think the single>video of Estranged should have been their swansong; Axl shoulda stayed how the video suggested and they would have retained the status of enigmatic having encapsulated a enchanting vision of overblown multimillionaire egotistical rawkstars who'd at that stage appealed to the wrong audience altogether and become rightly withdrawn. was the perfect epitaph imo but these shizzlesticks never can stay ourra the limelight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I liked this a lot. But seriously, when will Dave Navarro just do one?! He's such a whore for these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DeanML

I think Chester Bennington done a fairly good job on the vocals myself, fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Slash has a new album comin out with varous .. 'get togthers' , no Axl though..

They are always doing something or other..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

That was nice to see steven looking so happy again. Duff looked like he was enjoying it aswell.

A FULL gnr renunion will never happen. Axl and izzy are good again and izzy has toured with the band in 2006. Axl said he would be up for recording or doing something with duff at some point in the future. Axl said he wishes steven well and hopes he gets clean but wouldn't play with him.
    And axl thinks slash is a cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to admire Steven Adler. The fact that someone can have gotten themselves kicked out of Guns N' Roses for being too much of a nutjob party animal and still be alive and more or less kicking nearly twenty years later is testament to the man's constitution!

Oh, and I liked the video too! I thought Chester did a reasonable job with the vocals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That was nice to see steven looking so happy again. Duff looked like he was enjoying it aswell.

A FULL gnr renunion will never happen. Axl and izzy are good again and izzy has toured with the band in 2006. Axl said he would be up for recording or doing something with duff at some point in the future. Axl said he wishes steven well and hopes he gets clean but wouldn't play with him.
    And axl thinks slash is a cancer.

Axl's a f***in idiot. Fair play to Slash for keeping his opinions to himself/acting civil whenever he's asked about that subject. Axl just sounds like a spoilt child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nice article by Duff in his column in the Seattle weekly about re-uniting the GN'R rhythm section.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2009/11/the_making_of_a_rhythm_section.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Great to see Stephen Adler alive and well behind a kit again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I had a quick search to see if I could turn up any quotes about the Axl and Slash issue and found this article:
    In an interview with AOL Music's website Spinner.com, Rose says, "I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash... In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better." Rose also attacked Slash's musical skills, claiming he has failed to make the most of his talent and turned into a media "whore."

He adds, "I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Malice_ wrote: »
    I had a quick search to see if I could turn up any quotes about the Axl and Slash issue and found this article:

Bloody hell they really hate each other don't they. It's like watching your favourite jumper being destroyed by your dog, cause GnR are one of my favourites and now Guns 'n' Roses are not nearly as great as they used to be. It's just Axl and his friends now.

Advertisement