Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game development software for this game

Options
  • 23-11-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello,

Just curious if someone could point me the right direction for software that I could use to emulate an online game such as this one at lumosity. I have done some searching and have found suggestions relating to Silverlight but was interested to hear opinions from here.

Just to note, my training is in graphics but not coding, I would presume the coding part is the hard part, would I be right?

Apologies if this is a complete noob question and I missed something in the stickys above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Flash. All you need for those things. it's mostly a WYSIWYG, and then key-framing animations. the actual coding is pretty small. Most of it will be simple scripting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah go with flash. Silverlight is not as mature in terms of functionality and it still gets updated every 6 months or so. Plus I if you're coming from the graphics design end , the tools for flash are better. Silverlight has Expression Blend which isn't great.

On the other hand from the programming point of view, you can do silverlight programming in c# inside visual studio which is a lot nicer than what you get for flash (flex).

Advertisement