Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suunto D6 problem

• 23-11-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was at the dive show and bought a sunnto d6 from a company called 'Cornish diving'. Since then I've used it a couple of times in both the pool and the sea. About 24hrs after it has bee in the water it resets the time and date back to 03-2004. (i'm guessing thats went the program was written.) Has any one had or heard of this before? I've emailed the company twice and had had no reply (hence naming them). I registered it with suunto online and got a warranty number... Would a suunto dealer over here be able to do anything with it or would it have to go back to the shop in England?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Dunner190 wrote: »
    I was at the dive show and bought a sunnto d6 from a company called 'Cornish diving'. Since then I've used it a couple of times in both the pool and the sea. About 24hrs after it has bee in the water it resets the time and date back to 03-2004. (i'm guessing thats went the program was written.) Has any one had or heard of this before? I've emailed the company twice and had had no reply (hence naming them). I registered it with suunto online and got a warranty number... Would a suunto dealer over here be able to do anything with it or would it have to go back to the shop in England?

For a couple of reasons, I would suggest you deal with the shop you bought it from.

1. Under Irish law, if a product is faulty (not fit for its intended purpose) it is the shop you bought it from that you have to take it up with, not the manufacturer/importer/distributor. (I assume that British law is the same) It's then up to the shop to take it up with the manufacturer.

2. The distributors in Ireland probably have an arrangement with the manufacturers that they're only responsible for replacing faulty units that they sell. When I bought a faulty Canon underwater casing in the USA, Canon Ireland wanted nothing to do with it. Apparently, there's a discount built in to the price that Canon Ireland buy the units at which is to compensate them for having to replace faulty units out of their own stock. If there's a faulty unit bought in Ireland, Canon Ireland will replace it, but they get no further compensation from the parent company. They'd made no money out of me, so therefore they wanted nothing to do with my unit. In the end, I had to send it back direct to Canon USA & Canada. They replaced it with no question (except I got caught by Customs for the import duty when they sent me the new one!) I reckon whoever imports Suuntos into Ireland probably has a similar arrangement. (Although, on the plus side, Finland and the UK are both in the EU, so there won't be any import duty if they send you a new one through the post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Perhaps you could contact the Suunto distributors in the UK themselves.
    I've dealt with them in the past and they were a sound oul' bunch. I'm sure they'll try their best to try sort you out!!

I've tried to find contact details for them but I can't for some reason. If you ring a shop in Ireland that stocks them I'm sure that they will give you the info.

found it!!
    Unit H Farringdon Business Park
    Lower Farringdon
    Alton, Hampshire, GU34 3DZ
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Tel: +44 1420 587272
    Fax: +44 1420 587225
    info@suuntodm.co.uk

Advertisement