Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 106 fighter payouts

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nogueira made some very nice money for debuting fighter.

Doesnt Ortiz have a nice PPV bonus on his contract? As I heard he was raging that Brock was taken off the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nogueira is hardly a debut fighter. UFC debut means nothing, (if Fedor fought he would be just as much a debut fighter, and would likely break records).

Still 170k is a nice payday at the end of the night

Koschek is the big winner imo, coming out with 246k, not far behind the ME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mellor wrote: »
    Nogueira is hardly a debut fighter.

He hardly needed the $$$ after being with affliction ;)

The pay out is always in interesting one, given the fact that these guys don't work and train full time (which aint free i bet)

But Koscheck was the one that surprised me in that list 50k before the win bonus is very good by ufc standards and would have thought he was earning half that per figth at the rate he fights :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

17k for Rumble Jonhson, thought he would have gotten a little more for co main event. Kos did well with over 100k! Kendall grove got 44k, gotta be one of the highest ive seen for a prelim fight (excluding bonus wins)

:EDIT: Actually Brock larson got 26k and he lost compared to Brian fosters 12k including 6k win bonus for defeating him

Mellor wrote: »
    Nogueira is hardly a debut fighter.

REALLY :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Was reading Koscheck's twitter where he was douchin on about Dan Hardy/GSP being as good as a done deal, but how he got an extra 140k for FOTN and SOTN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭cletus

I think its ommon(ish) to see a fighter earn what seems to be pretty crap money, yet fighting high up the card, its the contract they signed, x amounts of fights for relatively small money, and they start hitting the limelight before that contract is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

cletus wrote: »
    I think its ommon(ish) to see a fighter earn what seems to be pretty crap money, yet fighting high up the card, its the contract they signed, x amounts of fights for relatively small money, and they start hitting the limelight before that contract is over

Probably why there's so many tiffs about earnings in the UFC. Dana & The Fetittas effectively have any aspiring big-time fighter by the balls though when it comes to being able to offer exposure, in return for fighting for a pittance.

Because of what they can offer a fighter outside of pay, I don't see it changing any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

calex71 wrote: »
    The pay out is always in interesting one, given the fact that these guys don't work and train full time (which aint free i bet)
    To be honest, I imagine it almost. At least for any established name.
    It's in a clubs interest to have a pro there, plus the tapout (or what ever) sponsorship would cover a lot of this.
    rovert wrote: »
    REALLY :rolleyes:

Yes really. :rolleyes: Care to elaborate on your point? I'm actually interested on what way you view it.

As I said, it was merely a UFC debut and not a debut fight. So this really shouldn't come into the picture when considering purses. Fedor, again, is a perfect example here.
    He had around 20 fights, mostly in Pride, going into the UFC. And they were against top level opponents.
    AFAIK, the other Nog, received a very nice amount to come to the UFC. He was something like 2nd highest paid behind only Tito, (I have 180-200k in my head) even though he wasn't even close to the headline fight. In fact, he wasn't even considered one of the top three fights.

Where did I say it was his debut fight exactly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement