Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Test Here's Reading Log :)

Options
  • 23-11-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

Thought I might as well start one of these :) I have a ridiculous amount of books sitting on my shelves/the floor, so I might as well start ploughing through a few of them.....

So I'm starting On The Road by Jack Kerouac (was meant to start it last week, but essays got on top of me!) I hope it turns out to be as good as I've heard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It would appear that I had forgotten about this thread! I'll attempt to rectify that in the next few weeks though.

Sadly, due to college I never got to finish On The Road :( I think I'll leave it for now and start another book.

Sooo... the next book I plan on reading (and actually finishing this time!) is The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave. I've flicked through it, and it looks really good.

So I finished reading The Death of Bunny Munro at the weekend. It was... interesting. I liked the book, but it took me a while to get into it. Bunny, the main character, is totally unlikeable (or maybe that's just me lol), however I assume the reader isn't meant to like him! I felt sorry for him more than anything. The ending of the novel, which is set in Butlins, was my favourite part :) There was some really funny parts in the book, but I have a strange sense of humour so it might just be me :pac:

I must admit I was a bit disappointed by this novel, I thought it would be a lot better.

I think it would be easier to do one book per post, so I'll do that :D

Another book I finished at the weekend (prolific reading for me!) was Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. It was great! I had to read it for college, so I wasn't expecting it to be so good. Even though it is a short novel, you get to know the characters and the clan really well. Achebe puts the feelings of the characters across so clearly, and this makes you feel invested in the story he's telling. I loved it :)

Next up is Paradise by Abdulrazak Gurnah :)

Advertisement