Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRA state the Adare bypass is completed

Options
  • 23-11-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

N21 Adare Bypass

Local Authority: Limerick County Council
    Start County: Limerick
    End County: Limerick
    Description: The proposed N21 Adare bypass runs to the south of Adare and involves approximately 8 km of new dual carriageway linking the N21 at Garraunboy to the south west of Adare, to the proposed M20 at Fanningstown south of existing N20/N21 junction at Attflin.Mainline Length (km): 8
    Estimated Completion Date: August 2009
    Current Project Phase: Preliminary DesignMajor Inter-urban Route: No
    http://www.nra.ie/RoadSchemeActivity/LimerickCountyCouncil/N21AdareBypass/SchemeName,16495,en.html

But somehow I find it unacceptable that nothing has been done. This town should not have DC level traffic going down it's mainstreet. It's the main road to the SW and it has traffic higher than any section of N6,7,8.

There are thousands of cars making rat runs to avoid Adare at times.

In the summer months it's just estatic.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

mysterious wrote: »
    N21 Adare Bypass

Local Authority: Limerick County CouncilStart County: LimerickEnd County: LimerickDescription: The proposed N21 Adare bypass runs to the south of Adare and involves approximately 8 km of new dual carriageway linking the N21 at Garraunboy to the south west of Adare, to the proposed M20 at Fanningstown south of existing N20/N21 junction at Attflin.Mainline Length (km): 8Estimated Completion Date: August 2009Current Project Phase: Preliminary DesignMajor Inter-urban Route: No
    Local Authority: Limerick County CouncilStart County: LimerickEnd County: LimerickDescription: The proposed N21 Adare bypass runs to the south of Adare and involves approximately 8 km of new dual carriageway linking the N21 at Garraunboy to the south west of Adare, to the proposed M20 at Fanningstown south of existing N20/N21 junction at Attflin.Mainline Length (km): 8Estimated Completion Date: August 2009Current Project Phase: Preliminary DesignMajor Inter-urban Local Authority: Limerick County CouncilStart County: LimerickEnd County: LimerickDescription: The proposed N21 Adare bypass runs to the south of Adare and involves approximately 8 km of new dual carriageway linking the N21 at Garraunboy to the south west of Adare, to the proposed M20 at Fanningstown south of existing N20/N21 junction at Attflin.Mainline Length (km): 8Estimated Completion Date: August 2009Current Project Phase: Preliminary DesignMajor Inter-urban http://www.nra.ie/RoadSchemeActivity/LimerickCountyCouncil/N21AdareBypass/SchemeName,16495,en.html

But somehow I find it unacceptable that nothing has been done. This town should not have DC level traffic going down it's mainstreet. It's the main road to the SW and it has traffic higher than any section of N6,7,8.

There are thousands of cars making rat runs to avoid Adare at times.

In the summer months it's just estatic.

...now, did you look hard for this by-pass - me thinks it might be one that requires a 4x4 in order to use it!!! :D

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

...now, did you look hard for this by-pass - me thinks it might be one that requires a 4x4 in order to use it!!!

Which is also true this week of the N17, N18, N6, N4 ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

It involves going over hills, takin a leap over a river and some bouncy fields, but it's worth it. funded by the T21 too.:D

Jokin aside, when the fock are they going to start it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Jokin aside, when the fock are they going to start it?

It will commence once the M20 is funded for. Going by the PPP process it would be lucky if this was to start before 2020.

As you know it's not going to be much of a bypass more of a detour than anything else.

Not only was this winding route avoiding local roads but it also bypassed the big detached houses in the Adare area. These little things cost at least €400,000 a pop. The market there is quite literally through the roof. CPOing would have been expensive if the route was more direct.

tech2 wrote: »
    It will commence once the M20 is funded for. Going by the PPP process it would be lucky if this was to start before 2020.

As you know it's not going to be much of a bypass more of a detour than anything else.

Not only was this winding route avoiding local roads but it also bypassed the big detached houses in the Adare area. These little things cost at least €400,000 a pop. The market there is quite literally through the roof. CPOing would have been expensive if the route was more direct.

Techy this is why the world has gone mad!

It seems money is the god these days, to the obsessive level. Yet we are trapped in an illusion or delusion depending on which way you want to look at it, there's no money.

Where did it go?

I mean if it dissappeared where too.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Where did it go?

;)
    You keep on about your conspiracy theories here. It's really not the forum for it. I'm suss of the whole political and financial establishment as well but here is not the place. Whether or not the whole system is rigged is sort of irrelevant-that's the rigged system we seem to operate in and in that system there is no money.

In this particular case the money never existed in IRELAND, we borrowed it all (via Irish banks) from overseas to buy property with. That property is now largely worthless and the few people who 'cashed out' before the collapse have all the money.

I personally know people who sold up in 2007 and began renting because they saw a crash coming. They are now beginning to look at property again (some properties at half the 2007 asking price!).

The money didn't disappear-people have it somewhere but it's their money now, not the state's money to build roads with so it's a moot point. The state has no money.

We should hack the public sector wage bill down and not touch infrastructural spending unless absolutely necessary but it would take a brave govt to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Techy this is why the world has gone mad!

It seems money is the god these days, to the obsessive level. Yet we are trapped in an illusion or delusion depending on which way you want to look at it, there's no money.

Where did it go?

;)

...the rich - I'd simply abolish all expenses against tax in order to make the rich pay - many of whom are good for nothing spongers! :mad: With expenses gone, there'd probably be far less need for cutbacks then!

Anyway, you're right: money is just an illusion!

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

I'm a fan of illusions:rolleyes:

Roryhy wrote: »
    I'm a fan of illusions:rolleyes:

And we live it!

Advertisement