Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie

• 23-11-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

What a great website! You can talk with people all over the country (and indeed outside the country) about anything and everything. Get opinions, get advice, find out new things. People who think it's nothing but a huge nerd-fest are completely wrong. What's a healthier way of unwinding than talking to different people? You get to know people all over the place with different lifestyles and different personalities. It really gives you a feel for the country.

A round of praise for boards.ie!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

jumpguy wrote: »
    What a great website! You can talk with people all over the country (and indeed outside the country) about anything and everything. Get opinions, get advice, find out new things. People who think it's nothing but a huge nerd-fest are completely wrong. What's a healthier way of unwinding than talking to different people? You get to know people all over the place with different lifestyles and different personalities. It really gives you a feel for the country.

Hear, hear!! I'm over in Canada at the mo, and seriously wish there was a Canadian equivalent of boards. I can't count the amount of times I've logged on here to get advice, or find an answer to the question, or just for a bit of a laugh.

And big thumbs up to the mods who do a very difficult job keeping the muppets/trolls out, so genuine users can make the most of the site. Cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hear, hear!! I'm over in Canada at the mo, and seriously wish there was a Canadian equivalent of boards.
    Try looking into Craigs List, as it has a Canadian section. Not sure aside from that. Boards has a sister site, http://boards.us which may be of some use to you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Halla Basin - Stay positive about the thread topic or don't post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

the_syco wrote: »
    Try looking into Craigs List, as it has a Canadian section. Not sure aside from that. Boards has a sister site, http://boards.us which may be of some use to you?

Thanks for the tips man, will check those out!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This has been a real up and down week for me personally and I was getting kinda down today and tonight noticed this forum had been approved finally and wandered in. And read this. Sometimes just someone say how much they like the site just makes all the crap that bubbles up bearable. I have a weird kooky smile on my face now. Thanks.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I've been here a little over a year now. I love this place. Whenever I'm awake there's usually someone to talk to, and so many cool forums to explore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

DeVore wrote: »
    This has been a real up and down week for me personally and I was getting kinda down today and tonight noticed this forum had been approved finally and wandered in. And read this. Sometimes just someone say how much they like the site just makes all the crap that bubbles up bearable. I have a weird kooky smile on my face now. Thanks.

DeV.

Keep on pluggin' DeV, 'tis a feckin' miracle of Irish societal change you and the lads have created here. Fair play to you.

Just don't turn into someone like the owner of P.ie, an arrogant, self-obsessed power hungry ***** (unfortunately we're related, so I can say this with absolute certainty).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I dont have many friends (And the way the world has treated me,i cant say i want them)

THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST VBB SITE I HAVE EVER FOUND!! (More bases here than anywhere else i have found)

Seems like there is a section FOR ANYTHING and its refreshing!!

This is an evil world we live in,its good to have places like this to come and make friends,etc :)

Peace and love to you all!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dude111 wrote: »
    I dont have many friends (And the way the world has treated me,i cant say i want them)

THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST VBB SITE I HAVE EVER FOUND!! (More bases here than anywhere else i have found)

Seems like there is a section FOR ANYTHING and its refreshing!!

This is an evil world we live in,its good to have places like this to come and make friends,etc :)

Peace and love to you all!!
    All your base, are belong to us. :):)

I can die happy now. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I love Boards! Seriously I've been on and off boards all day today. It always cheers me up when I'm feeling down and stuff. So yay for Boards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for Boards:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Newbie here however I must say boards is a fantastic site, appears to be fairly moderated and posters seem helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

jumpguy wrote: »

+1

Last week I was feeling seriously down and a boardsie I didnt even know pm'd me to ask me was I ok and ended up making me feel much better. There's a suprising amount of sound people on Boards.

Good place to spend a bit of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've actually made some really, really great friends on Boards. I don't wanna get into a big soppy story here, but I've suffered from depression for quite a long time now and the support I've received from people on this site has been amazing. I truly don't know what I would have done without a lot of you guys. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Hey jumpy!

YO HAPPY PEOPLE share your happee with the angsty teens of boards over here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055470841&page=837 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I LOVE BOARDS!!

<<<as my post count can confirm . . .i only posted from january this year!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Love boards.ie!
    Especially the witty posts that usually follow the OP's post over on AH

Also adverts.ie <3

Advertisement