Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Vodafones policy for giving out unlock codes?

• 23-11-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi there. Just wondering what is Vodafones policy with regard to giving out unlock codes for bill pay phones? My Dad has 10 or 15 contracts with Vodafone so there's usually an upgrade spare and I'm thinking of buying the N97 but wondering if they'll give out the unlock code? I'm on Meteor...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

userod wrote: »
    Hi there. Just wondering what is Vodafones policy with regard to giving out unlock codes for bill pay phones? My Dad has 10 or 15 contracts with Vodafone so there's usually an upgrade spare and I'm thinking of buying the N97 but wondering if they'll give out the unlock code? I'm on Meteor...

i have contracts with vodafone and they are always grand at giving out the unlock codes.. never had a problem, most times the codes are available the same day i get the phone, i just ring and get the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

If your dad has an account with myvodafone he can get the code there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

What does unlocking a phone actually do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What does unlocking a phone actually do?

Removes the network block so you can use the phone with any network sim you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Davy wrote: »
    Removes the network block so you can use the phone with any network sim you want.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement