Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mail out but not in - helllllllllp meeeeeee...

• 23-11-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I can send mail out through Windows Mail and from eircom's webmail, but none is coming back to my inbox, I've been on to eircom and have checked all settings, they can see mail on the server but I can't.

I've lowered security levels and have taken the Firewall off for a while, the account is not near its limit.

Strangely two emails did come in today, one from yahoogroups and another from the Irish Times news digest.

What have I done and how can I fix it please??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

If they can see the mails in your inbox then it would suggest its local to your machine. Can you check it from another PC? Can you open your mail from a different browser on your current PC/Laptop? If you are using Internet Explorer, can you open you mail, and hold down CTRL and F5 to bypass the cache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

make sure you incoming pop 3 mail server is set to webmail.eircom.net

here is the link on their site to the windows mail setup

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=180&E=0000000000197047654&K=6024&SXI=6&case=9306&source=search&query=windows%20mail&DCSext.clickedFrom=searchResults&branch=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,221 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

restart the PC yet? silly question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

My advice: Forward all emails from your Eircom account to a new Gmail account, once you use Gmail you won't go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JuniperBerry

I've tried all of the above MANY times - logged into eircom mail from another laptop, I reckon I've inadvertently pressed or imported something that changed my settings. Keep thinking though and thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

I've just realised that I'm receiving email when I'm part of a group, yahoogroups, Irish Times news, committees etc. This suggests that I've changed a setting somewhere that bins emails with just my name on the mail.

Back to the drawing board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Check your rules and exclusions, although it seems unlikely you would of set up a rule accidentally?

Anything is likely! I have checked rules and there are none

Anything is likely! I have checked rules and there are none

I phoned Eircom and a second person restored my emails. I don't know what caused the original problem - a glitch - but back in action now. Thanks for any input.

Advertisement