Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Visa Debit in Lidl and Aldi

Options
  • 23-11-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If anyone would like to see Lidl or Aldi accepting visa debit aswell as laser this might be a place to start:

Requests, comments, questions.. .

Our friendly telephone service is available to you at our free phone number: 1800 347 447

Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.

customer.services@lidl.ie

If you have a corporate or general enquiry write to us at:

Aldi Stores, Newbridge Road, Naas, County Kildare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Funny thing is they DO accept CCs in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think the reason they dont accept them here is because when they first came to ireland the only debit card's we had were laser. The issuing of visa debit only happened in the last 2ish year's. I think there is a fee with credit card's.
    I asked them a year ago and was told not in the foreseeably future? But dont they accept maestro? Which is only out a year or so.
    Think I will be calling them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know their is a % with the credit Visa, but this a debit card just the same as laser except its accepted in a lot more places than laser.

Also the fact that ulster bank have ditched laser to use the Visa debit, and plus the halifax customers, that is more than enough of reason to take it imo.

MartyS wrote: »
    Think I will be calling them again.

Lidl should have the software update inplace by early December for use with Visa Debit cards
    :)

Now just for aldi!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

That's great!

Will they be only accepting Visa Debit cards, or will they start accepting actual Visa and Mastercard CCs also?

• Advertisement

Just the debit versions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You work quick Davy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Every little helps......:D

Advertisement