Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hand Mixer?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

So Santy is coming and I have been very good this year...so he said I could have a shiny new hand mixer for my baking expeditions :D

Now my question to all you brilliant bakexperts is...which hand mixer is the best? What should santy look for? Baring in mind that he's a bit skint this year with the elves going on strike and all...my budget is ~€50.

I currently own a soon-to-be knackered lidl 15 euro handmixer, which has lasted very well for the price but always needed some more power to get through the cookie dough! I need something strong, quiet and dishwasher proof.(the attachments!) I have my eye on this beauty, but would love to know if it's worth the dough :Dok enough puns
    Are kenwood the best? Or are there others to consider?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

you should be able to find decent kenwood hand mixer for around 20 euro. ive never had any problems with kenwood handmixers and ive seen a good few of them working in schools.i also have wahl one by james martin which is fairly decent.some of cheaper ones have really flimsy whisk/beater bits.have look at them before you buy if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i just bought this one from Amazon during the week
    Breville SHM2
    its both hand and stand mixer
    Havent used it yet but it was highly recommended by a friend of mine who does alot of baking

Advertisement