Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training as a Hairdresser

• 23-11-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    Can anyone give me some advise as to what is the best way to train as a hairdresser. I'm not having much luck getting an apprentice trainee place at the moment (in present climate I guess). However I did enquire into training privately in one of the Schools of Hairdressing in Dublin, I am wondering would anyone recommend one against the other. Robert Chambers or David Marshalls. Both seem very good courses and both guarantee that you come out as a Junior Stylist. The first takes 15 months and costs 11,500e and the latter 18 months and costs 12,500e. Both seem to have a good name and reputation. And both say all their graduates so far have gained employment.
    Has anyone out there trained with these schools?
    I am 19 and have worked the summer and weekends in a salon so I feel this is the career for me. Thanks

Roxey, :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Puddler

Hi Roxey,

Just a quick question..only seeing your thread and I know a few years have passed! ;)
    Just wondering what course you went with in the end and how u found it to be..?
    I'm in the process of deciding on a course to do whether it be with Dylan Bradshaw, Chambers or Kazumi..both Dylan and Kazumi training schools are City & Guilds recognised certificates (which do you think makes a difference in the industry or if you go abroad)? I have a couple of years apprenticeship behind me so wanted to come out fully qualified at the end of it and earn a decent wage!
    Any advice?!?

Advertisement