Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with problems with Irish Broadband?

• 23-11-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone let me know if there's issues with Irishbroadband today 23rd, a friend said that he's having problems with his internet on and off most of the day but as he's not very good with tech stuff, decided to check here before getting him to try a few things.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

No probs with my connection, been using it all day.

631714278.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya, i'm on ripwave, it died earlier this evening. The box keeps dropping the connection, although i dont think problem is at my end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Irish Broadband ... Breeze, Ripwave, DSL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Not sure but will check in the morning, I know is a wireless modem they have I think it could be (Broadband in a box) Ripware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

I'm using ripwave, it died on me at 9p.m. and only came back on 10 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Argh - i just started a new thread about it, silly me ( sorry Mods )

Been down most of last night and still down this morning. I am in Clonsilla w/ ripware 2mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

Hi lads, sorry 4 bringing back so old thread but this one suit best 4 my issues with IBB...
    I'm about 2 weeks after installers done their ****y job on my roof (Breeze 4Mb) ;]
    So I have some trouble with my connection ;(
    Playstation Network not workin very often and if I get signed in and menage to start game then I'm not able to play cuz I have crazy lag...
    Speed tests are fine at end but speed is going up and then droping down during one test! Speeds are 4Meg down and 7Meg up so looks good wink.gif When I start ping test thats showing truth about IBB! Loosing about 30% packets on every server I trying tests ;/
    My question is What I should do now ? Cancel my still fresh contract or stay with them and wait ? Have you guys still troubles with yours IBB ?
    I'm living in Wexford and my fixed aerial is using transmitter which is 500 meters from me....Installer told me he have to turn my aerial cuz signal is too strong and he done this.
    I was talkin to support on the phone couple times and have send a lof of emails to them ;/
    The last one's looks like this.....

Original Message
    To: xxxxxxxx@eircom.net
    Sent: niedziela, 3 styczeń 2010 11:59:09 (GMT) Europe/London
    Subject: Re: [#FVH-24592-137] Re: Irish Broadband Trouble Ticket Closed

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your email. We have rechecked your connection and could not find any issue with the service. You are using TP-LINK router and i would advised you to test your service directly without the router.

Regards

Customer Support

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:16:03 +0000, xxxxx@eircom.net wrote:
    > Hi there, as we spoken on the phone I would like to attach some data about my broken connection ;/
    > First of all the transfer up/down looks not too bad on attached screens but its not working right. The speed is going up and then droping down and up again during the test, not always but thats happend too often even if contention ratio is 24:1! I have no problem with my eircom where contention is 48:1 ;/
    > Another thing is WHY I'm getting that good score when I'm testing connection [mean pingtest] with servers very close to me (galway,dublin,limerick) and thats sometime is ****ed is well but not that often... ???
    > I know you guys throttling torrents cuz I found lots of bad feedbacks on boards.ie and if that the problem which not allowing me use breeze with Playstation Network
    > then I'm gona say I don't need it and prefer stay with eircom!
    >
    > Here is some example....just click the links.
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6578507.png -perfect!
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6578688.png -packet lost 20% to limerick
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6578791.png -worst I've seen 58% packet lost to galway!
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6578867.png -12 % lost just to oslo in norway....
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6578932.png -13% lost to denver US
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6579002.png -29% to POZNA? in Poland....Have all my familly there and how to use skype with this packet lost ? ;/
    >
    > http://www.pingtest.net/result/6579086.png POZNA? again 36% lost just couple minutes later ;//
    >
    > Regards
    > Tom!

And most funny I've got another email from them 3 minutes later which looks like this:

Original Message
    To: xxxxxxx@eircom.net
    Sent: niedziela, 3 styczeń 2010 12:02:21 (GMT) Europe/London
    Subject: Re: [#FVH-24592-137] Re: Irish Broadband Trouble Ticket Closed

Hi Thomas,

Please be advised that we have a degradation of service on that site Eircom Wexford and customers are experiencing poor level of service.

Please be advised that we are working to resolve that issue.

We apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Technical Support Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you had them by the balls with your screens ! You showed you knew what you were talking about, they dont like that !

hope it improves for you :D

Still have'nt got reply for my last email ;) I think that's over. Gona ring them this morning and tell how rubbish service and support they providing ;) even if I'm polish I'm sure they will understand what I'm talkin about ;)
    Short advice for ppl which lookin 4 feedbacks. IBB is working pretty good 4 web browsing and downloading torrents on port 80 cuz there is not download limit. But if u want use it for gaming, skype or connect to your workplace (mean VNC app) do NOT sign deal with Irish Broadband! Get 3 broadband because thats workin much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrotherGrim

I have 2Mb Breeze in Bray. Works fine, rarely a problem. VPN to work, Games, VioP, Dl's all work fine. The only problem I have is 2 other people web surfing in the house can time out my connection when I'm playing a game.

• Advertisement

My 2mb Breeze was grand and quite fast when I started using it last april on the 2nd floor in D15 - It progressively got slower to reach it's peak of slowness in december: No signal. I moved the box close to the window up the shelves and I finally got a signal. I just moved to a new place in Castlenock and i am on the ground floor thsi time, surrounded by houses. I have no signal whatsoever. And I can't return it because my contract only ends in april. So I will have to pay for 4 months no internet which is unfair ...

Caroline thats thing which is called aeriel should be on the roof! ;)
    There is no way to get it right if your aeriel can't be in line of sight with their transmitter ;]
    Get in on the roof and u will have signal. Rj45 cable can be up to 300 meters long and it stil will be working fine ;) Good luck!

@GrotherGrim have you done any pingtests ? Will you link it for me please ?

borygo77 wrote: »
    Caroline thats thing which is called aeriel should be on the roof! ;)

NO it's not the areal one. I got the name confused, the one I have is the Ripware ' Broadband in a box ' . Not a roof one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Rj45 cable can be up to 300 meters long and it stil will be working fine

Since when? i was always under the impression that the max length for a standard CAT5e is 100M before you start running into packet loss issues

You're right John! Sorry my bad ;/

@BrotherGrim have you done any pingtests ? Will you link it for me please ?

Yar, I'll do some tonight.
    My net did go down last night for an hour, bad weather I presume. Didn't make any calls to IBB & it came back up with the help of some pixies I presume.

2mb Irish Broadband fixed wireless (I believe they only offer 4Mb now). Service level last year was about 98% up. I did email them once about upgrading the connection but never had a reply.

681473557.png

Pinging www.boards.ie [89.234.66.107] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=60

So I will have to pay for 4 months no internet which is unfair ...

You could try to get the contract changed to their new wiMax if its in your area?

Advertisement