Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Der Fuhrer, Herr Cowen, has directed that ze only people allowed make ze programs on ze TV und ze radio vil be party men und zere relatives.
    We have Herr Tubridy, nephew of ze old minister Andrews and cousin of ze current minister Andrews in charge of ze Radio shows und ze Late Late, und ve have Herr McSavage, son and brother of zese Ministers filling ze comedy slot. Ve have also fixed up Herr O'Hanlon, son of ze Minister vith his own show too.
    Zese men vil not question government policy or rock ze boat.
    Genuine talent has been sent to ze concentration camps.
    Stupid Irish vil not notice this cronyism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

corkage wrote: »
    It was bar far the best comedy RTE have ever produced,edgy, original and black black homour,it's just a shame a lot of people didn't know it was on, RTE need to re run it and this time put some promotion behind it....meanwhile looking forward to the box set.:D

www.rte.ie/player doesnt work outside ireland!
    Would like to get a dvd for Irish friends abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

The Savage Eye is not available on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EcoFunk

This is a brilliant show, what is wrong with the begrudgers out there.
    It’s hilarious and I was laughing my head off. Definitely the best thing since father ted. Its so spot on clever I can’t see what most of these other people are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

EcoFunk wrote: »
    It’s hilarious and I was laughing my head off. Definitely the best thing since father ted. Its so spot on clever I can’t see what most of these other people are talking about.

Let the accusations of this poster having worked on the show begin!. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Don't know Dave McSavage, never heard of him before this show. Thought the show was awful. Yes priests are paedophiles (yawn!!), everything wrong with Ireland is someway related to British Rule (yawn!!), the Bull character in the pub is a ripped off, more vulgar version of a D'Unbelievable character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

293k97d.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Begrudgers? That's funny;)
    If it was good people would say it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EcoFunk

No I haven't worked on the show, i just thought it was insightful and really funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

<3 RTE ppl posting in here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Jazzy wrote: »
    <3 RTE ppl posting in here
    That's a silly comment. You assume that if someone here enjoyed the show that they're employed by RTÉ?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sorry

Begrudgers? That's funny;)
    If it was good people would say it was good.

Plenty of people have said it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Battlejuice

Have to agree with you there, had me in knots laughing. Pure class!:D
    At long last something funny produced by our own (still can't get over the fact that RTE allowed this to go ahead, fair play to them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Sorry wrote: »
    Plenty of people have said it was good.
    Indeed, but don't begrudge me my right to say it sucks:D

I think it was fantastic. Hope it gets a second series. Best thing to come out of RTÉ all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It is up for an IFTA against The Apprentice.

Now that is what I call entertainment TV 2009.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

el diablo wrote: »
    That's a silly comment. You assume that if someone here enjoyed the show that they're employed by RTÉ?

no, but its happened before and the posts are in the same style. my figuring is that if the same lazy idiots are in charge that commissioned all the crap comedy over the past 2 years are still there, then so are the retarded publicists who tell us how 'good' these shows are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

The little I watched, I didn't like.
    I'm just not a fan of these "comedians"-turned-presenters.

My parents usually have good taste in TV and humour. They both insist it's hilarious ... So I might give it another go.

I'm told one particular episode about The Irish and sex is brilliant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The little I watched, I didn't like.
    I'm just not a fan of these "comedians"-turned-presenters.

My parents usually have good taste in TV and humour. They both insist it's hilarious ... So I might give it another go.

I'm told one particular episode about The Irish and sex is brilliant?
    To be fair it does seem to come across as a spoof of a make-believe Ireland that only newspapers and older people think exists, which may explain why they find it funny.

amacachi wrote: »
    To be fair it does seem to come across as a spoof of a make-believe Ireland that only newspapers and older people think exists, which may explain why they find it funny.

Possibly!

I know a few people my age (twenties) who think it's great too...

I'm just generally not a big fan of any comedy RTE produce. It always comes off as quite ... amateur and wooden.

• Advertisement

Possibly!

I know a few people my age (twenties) who think it's great too...

I'm just generally not a big fan of any comedy RTE produce. It always comes off as quite ... amateur and wooden.

Once you don't consider them as friends then fair enough. :pac:

Once you don't consider them as friends then fair enough. :pac:

We'll go with acquaintances... distant acquaintances! :D

Just to keep an open mind, I'm going to watch that "sex" episode of the series people keep telling me about... I'm skeptical, but we'll see how it goes!

The first episode was absolutely fantastic. The other episodes had plenty of funny parts too. The Next top Bishop sketch and the priest running away with the child, The mother instructed her son's girlfriend how to lick his cock and Seamus Heaney.

Fantastic entertainment unlike Your Bad Self, Val Falvey etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RoryORiordan

Bring on a second series. Savage Eye. What a great show, had me and my flatmates in stitches. Watched every episode and loved it. I can understand if some people may not like it. Especially if they are supporters of the catholic church or just easily offended.
    To me I thought it was about time RTE put out a ballsy original comedy.
    Well done to all involved.

Bring on a second series. Savage Eye. What a great show, had me and my flatmates in stitches. Watched every episode and loved it. I can understand if some people may not like it. Especially if they are supporters of the catholic church or just easily offended.
    To me I thought it was about time RTE put out a ballsy original comedy.
    Well done to all involved.

facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg
    Picarse. You could at least try to express yourself..... science geek.

Picarse. You could at least try to express yourself..... science geek.

I've posted in this thread loads of times and I love how most of the people who are signing up to defend the show say that people who don't like it must love the Catholic Church. I don't like the Church or anything else and quite like jokes about it, but I'd like if they weren't jokes I heard when I was 10. There was nothing original, it wasn't "edgy". OoooOOo they're taking the piss out of the Catholic Church, yeah, no-one has ****ing ever done that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irl_Rob

Has anyone watched HardyBucks? One of the competitors in last years storyland competition. well worth looking up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/hardbucks

I don't like the Church or anything else

Im sorry to hear that. Not liking anything is a sad state of affairs.
    Anyhow it's safe to say anyone who supports the catholic church won't like this show. Neither will anyone who is easily offended. To say that, they are the only people not to like the show is probably a stretch alright.
    But this is an original show. The format is original and the show dissects Irish society and culture through satire better than any other RTE production ever made.

• Advertisement

Im sorry to hear that. Not liking anything is a sad state of affairs.
    Anyhow it's safe to say anyone who supports the catholic church won't like this show. Neither will anyone who is easily offended. To say that, they are the only people not to like the show is probably a stretch alright.
    But this is an original show. The format is original and the show dissects Irish society and culture through satire better than any other RTE production ever made.

It's not original, pretty much every "funny" bit was based on very old jokes or else someone putting on a spazzy voice.

Advertisement