Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LOL at the President with the hurls. PMSL. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Like the jews laugh at the holocaust:rolleyes:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm torn. Dave McSavage is an unfunny and obnoxious clown, when doing stand-up but this is actually pretty funny. No very funny.

I need a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Was that Eamonn Delaney there going on about the Sunda Game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

so surprised at how funny i have found this last wk and this week. there are wrong notes, but it is better then most RTE 'Comedy'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The young lad in the black hoody goin on about how ignorant the irish were towards teaching other people GAA was in my secondary school! Small world!

Anywho, finding this great this week! Hurlers + President for Life fighting the British being the highlight so far.

Hector bit was great - captured the annoying g0bshyte perfectly. Michelle de Bruin spiking the horse - Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

That Hector was pitch perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ah jeez I enjoyed that, was in feckin tears laughing. It's very accurate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Roy Keane as Joe Pesci in Goodfellas...classic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DLB

Great, just great! What's been sharper since Hall's?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Brilliant. Probably best of the series so far. The football game at the start, the tennis match v 'Paddy', the lads with the cricket bat and hurl passing each other, the priest and the guard at the game, the priest giving out to the teacher for battering the child with a '****ing cricket bat', the vuvuzeeeela, hector and then to top it off Michelle DeBruin injecting Cian O'Connor's horse and getting carried away! :D

Laugh out loud stuff, best comedy RTE have ever done, top quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The Roy Keane/Saipan thing was a bit crap,as was the Dervel O'Rourke/Pat Kenny sketch.
    Everything else was good though,well done again McSavage and Co.

I thought that the sketches with the priest and the Garda picking the aggressive GAA players for careers in their respective jobs and the GAA player being interviewed for the banking job were particularly funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leinster magic

the man is a genius! tonights show was the best one since last years one about the irish and sex!! the roy keane sketch was priceless and the Hector sketch!! and it was my local bookies which im in quite alote in Swords!!only weird thing about this is that RTE had the balls to make it and not buy it off channel 4 in a couple of years!! .....u cant compare it to the other tripe on RTE comedy wise,that hardy bucks is total steamin ****e !

loving this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

I've watched a couple of episodes of this show online after hearing some positive reviews.
    It's a bit boring I found. (Although the Hector sketch was pretty good tbh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Watched the show tonight & thoroughly enjoyed it. Laughing for 80% of it which is a fairly high ratio. The first sketch about football, at the end Mcsavage runs up to kick the ball into the goal, its the way he took the kick had me in stitches?! The Michelle DeBrun sketch was very good. Mcsavage himself makes a creepy but funny impersonation of a woman. The use of the injection was funny, then the way 'she' started ...eh? interacting with the blatantly obvious man in a horse costume was feckin hilarious.

That guy with the curly hair repeatedly rubbing his legs watching the tv in the bookies in the Hector sketch was enough to keep me laughing for a while.

Its getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

The young lad in the black hoody goin on about how ignorant the irish were towards teaching other people GAA was in my secondary school! Small world!

A guy on the street? I always thought they were paid actors, given lines and ****.

My fav bit was the GAA lads in the dressing room comparing sunburns and the 'auld lad with the bra-outline farmers tan, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I did not think the first two episodes this series were that good but last nights show was very good. Reminds me of why I watched it last year. The only thing it was missing was the priest snatching the kid. I find that sketch hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha the first time ever the gaa got a proper roasting!!! brilliant!

mid tits...****
    ha ha

"paddy will be singing songs about this for years to come"

The shock of a brilliant RTE show getting better every week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

last night was brilliant, laughed the whole way through. excellent stuff.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Last night's was hilarious. Best Irish comedy show on tv the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

"All women who play camogie are called Emer."

I reckon it's the little surreal touches, a la Monty Python, that are there for no obvious reason, that make this show - the long prosthetic arm on Patsy, It in his cage, Michelle de Bruin snogging the horse, the dwarf and Joe Duffy. Loving this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

And as Bertie pointed out Cavan is not in the Irish republic

Is there a joke I am missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Oh man, I guess I'm the only one here that thinks this show is largely awful - used to be a big fan of McSavage and his stand up years ago but this misses much more often than hits. Some of the jokes are truly woeful. Think I laughed once/twice in the entire show but watched the entire thing out of morbid curiosity.

Oh man, I guess I'm the only one here that thinks this show is largely awful - used to be a big fan of McSavage and his stand up years ago but this misses much more often than hits. Some of the jokes are truly woeful. Think I laughed once/twice in the entire show but watched the entire thing out of morbid curiosity.

wow if u watched last nights show and didnt laugh a lot, then i dont know. i couldnt stop laughing and id be one of the first to slag RTE's comedy, but mcsavage has it spot on this time. i thought last nights episode was brilliant as good as any of those sketch type shows ive seen in ages. credit where its due and mcsavage is getting it from me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

The show is desperately trying hard to be satirical and a little "zany" surreal, but it falls short in almost every way. Sure, it had some nice touches and a couple of genuinely funny scenes but I urge anyone who thinks this hilarious to catch up on Brass Eye/The Day Today for surreal satire done with class.

And again, I'm actually a McSavage fan from years ago but I've not been impressed at all so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

It was a matter fo time before he did the GAA, olympics, hector. was fantastic!!!

the bit where the 2 guys were hitting each other with hurleys and the bishop in the stand.."we'll take him". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Shane10 wrote: »
    the bit where the 2 guys were hitting each other with hurleys and the bishop in the stand.."we'll take him". :D

"hit him again! Go on!"

Advertisement