Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Not the best ep last night. Lot of stuff said before in the pub or on other shows.

However The Pres and first man are still strangely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

brilliant last nights episode i loved the roy keane and mick mcarthey scene and the hector bit in the bookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

ricero wrote: »
    brilliant last nights episode i loved the roy keane and mick mcarthey scene and the hector bit in the bookies

was goodfellas that skit wasnt it.

Galway K9 wrote: »
    was goodfellas that skit wasnt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

This show just gets better. I loved the Goodfellas parody and the NI sitcom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I liked the mother showing off her chest to get her young son a game on the football team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Loved the France match back to the future bit could have done a whole episode on that alone me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Loved the third episode. This is IMO the best show on RTE for over a decade. Certainly the best comedy show, anyway. I completely lost it at the Hector bit. Tears in my eyes. It was so spot on.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Michella De Bruin getting off with a horse!

Ha!

The Hector bit was class as well, and the midget sticking a ****ing south african world cup yoke up his ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is there a joke I am missing here?

I suppose you could kind of call it a joke when the then leader of the country did not know the counties over which he was 'leading'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6py-JbDHgUc

• Advertisement

In fairness to the Goodfellas sketch the mobile phone at the end was a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Cole

Great stuff as usual. What about the Ross O' Carroll Kelly guy in the pink t-shirt at the very start:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

the man is a genius! tonights show was the best one since last years one about the irish and sex!!!

Definitely! Sport was a ****ing great episode. I loved the NI sketch, stick it in a pan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the bit with the President and the hurls was fantastic. Reminded me of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid for anyone who gets the reference.

It's here at about 7:14:

'Grab your hurls and f*cking die like Irishmen!'

'Stand down. No Irishman will die today.'

I never expected to like this show but it seems to always have at least one moment that's top class. The recent one had a few I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just seen an ad for show - enjoy racism sensibly :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Is it because im Black!
    Is it because im a Traveller!

.........Is it cause im from Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone know why this isn't available on RTE Player? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »

all 3 episodes of the new season are available there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lots of hate for this in the After Hours forum, i find it genuinely witty and original and its definitely the best show i've seen on RTE in years. Lots of the hate for the show seems to be coming from direct hate of Savage himself, very unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll use this as another of my social barometers so. Its always been "cool" on AH to hate mcSavage, but he's pulled off something special here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

zuroph wrote: »
    I'll use this as another of my social barometers so. Its always been "cool" on AH to hate mcSavage, but he's pulled off something special here.

I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately AH has become a section of boards thats all about popularity jousting & thanks gaining amongst a number of high post regulars. Its very trendy to call McSavage the C word over there at the minute, your guaranteed zombie thanks from the mob. Theres usually a tv villian every week.

On a recent hate thread the majority of the mob hate was based on his upbringing, the accusation of him being associated with FF, his family connection with ryan Tubridy & a lot of bitching & moaning about his style of street comedy where he randomly sings about complete strangers who happen to walk past him.
    One particularly jealous determined hater (who seems to have a strange fascination with mcsavage & fame) isolated certain clips of him taking the piss out of random people & used this as a platform for his argument. Uhh? WTF? he's a comedian, he's taking the piss???? Thats his job? You don't like it? Don't watch it. 'he's not funny' - Don't watch it then. I don't like Mrs Browns boys so i don't watch it. Simple.

I don't care where he's from, what his political interests are, who he's related to. I don't judge someone on such things. I think savage eye is funny. Thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately AH has become a section of boards thats all about popularity jousting & thanks gaining amongst a number of high post regulars. Its very trendy to call McSavage the C word over there at the minute, your guaranteed zombie thanks from the mob. Theres usually a tv villian every week.

On a recent hate thread the majority of the mob hate was based on his upbringing, the accusation of him being associated with FF, his family connection with ryan Tubridy & a lot of bitching & moaning about his style of street comedy where he randomly sings about complete strangers who happen to walk past him.
    One particularly jealous determined hater (who seems to have a strange fascination with mcsavage & fame) isolated certain clips of him taking the piss out of random people & used this as a platform for his argument. Uhh? WTF? he's a comedian, he's taking the piss???? Thats his job? You don't like it? Don't watch it. 'he's not funny' - Don't watch it then. I don't like Mrs Browns boys so i don't watch it. Simple.

I don't care where he's from, what his political interests are, who he's related to. I don't judge someone on such things. I think savage eye is funny. Thats it.

I'll find it hard to find a more sound and correct post on boards as of late than the post above. Criticism of all kinds of things here on boards ,most of the time, borders on the farcical and in AH it often comes across as quite sad.

Tbh most of the time I think posters just say ****e, crap, piss poor because that is all they know how to say. I know we like to ridicule RTE and its programming here but it can get a bit much. I'd imagine if (quite unlikely I concede) Ryan Tubridy conducted a truly amazing interview with someone, I'd imagine the day after half of boards would first to say it was terrible, FF, skinny boll*ck etc. Come on credit where credit is due. And I believe there is a great amount of credit due for the Savage Eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just seen an ad for show - enjoy racism sensibly :p
    yeah, very very funny.

have to say I really enjoyed the McCarty / Keane exchange as well - actually brilliant.

Crrrrkkkkk boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'll find it hard to find a more sound and correct post on boards as of late than the post above. Criticism of all kinds of things here on boards ,most of the time, borders on the farcical and in AH it often comes across as quite sad.

Tbh most of the time I think posters just say ****e, crap, piss poor because that is all they know how to say. I know we like to ridicule RTE and its programming here but it can get a bit much. I'd imagine if (quite unlikely I concede) Ryan Tubridy conducted a truly amazing interview with someone, I'd imagine the day after half of boards would first to say it was terrible, FF, skinny boll*ck etc. Come on credit where credit is due. And I believe there is a great amount of credit due for the Savage Eye.
    reach for the stars why dont you.

:D

ETA. it still needs tighter editing and especially tighter and clearer direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 filterinfrank

Simply the most accurate funniest portrayal of Ireland I have ever seen. We were on the floor. If it bothers you or you don't find it funny, chances are you see yourself in there somewhere and you are embarassed. Even the previews / ads are funnier in 30 seconds than most of the normal RTE comedy fare. Well done to RTE for doing a second series. It gets better every week.
    From the Radio DJ orgasming on grief and misery to the "enjoy racism sensibly" it's just spot on. Fair play to him for having the guts and humour to expose us for what we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I watch a lot of comedy and am usually fairly harsh with my reviews but having watched 2 episodes of this I have to say it's superb. Dotted with moments of mediocrity, which is to be expected of all shows tbh, but a lot of the satire here is spot on.

The negativity on this thread wouldn't be there if it was on channel 4 and if it had a different front man.

jayteecork wrote: »
    all 3 episodes of the new season are available there.
    None of them showing up for me still. Searched too and no luck. I'm out of the country but I doubt that makes a difference. :confused:

el diablo wrote: »
    None of them showing up for me still. Searched too and no luck. I'm out of the country but I doubt that makes a difference. :confused:

It makes the whole world of a difference.
    RTE player isn't available outside ireland.

Can't stop looking at the Hector skit on youtube, and nearly pissing myself laughing.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    It makes the whole world of a difference.
    RTE player isn't available outside ireland.

Can't stop looking at the Hector skit on youtube, and nearly pissing myself laughing.

Yes it is available outside Ireland. I can find every show besides Savage Eye on it now. Cheers for the clip though.

Advertisement