Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Credits song was brilliant!

"And you'll never get your head around why there's always a man with a plastic bag standing in the middle of the town" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Very good tonight,loved the mock ad for Irish tourism especially!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Was this weeks pat kenny from a real one again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

when i was young an irish holiday meant your father would hit you over the head with a chair instead of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

missed it. last weeks wasnt great, hope this wk is better. will get it on player tomo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Briaink

Does anyone know what the song was for the ad for this episode(Tourism)? it sounds so familiar, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Brilliant this week, the skit with Ireland doing the stripping as it knows it best was fantastic.......pissing in the pint...ha. priceless..some disappointing parts:D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought it was a poor episode.

Can't think of one sketch that stood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bobsoice23

"you are very welcome to Kerry"haha Im from Kerry myself and taught that was brilliant:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I'd never heard of it and caught it last night. I havent laughed so hard in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

The last 2 episodes (Tourism and Racism) haven't been great at all, but the previous 2 were brilliant I thought. Usual surreal, silly, black humoured stuff that we've come to expect from the Savage Eye...

However their quality control is patchy but I suppose that's the nature of the creative process and maybe too many people are involved or just not enough time is spent on script editing.

Still there's always next weeks episode to look forward to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"hey hey we're the nordies" had me laughing me head off!

Was quite disappointed to see the nordie sitcom back this week.

zuroph wrote: »
    Was quite disappointed to see the nordie sitcom back this week.
    is it a parody of NI comedy? It doesn't work for me, but it seems to be a pisstake of "give my head peace"??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

And why is Patsy's arm so long????

zuroph wrote: »
    Was this weeks pat kenny from a real one again?
    Can't find anything on it, but i guess it refers to John Frankenheimer, who's son Tristan died from an asthma attack in Japan...i think...

any pat kenny buffs link the two together???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I have posted this before but it is one of those PK moments on the LLS, classic

:D Comedy Gold, but really in a strange way. <<<< I mean excellent Car Crash TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

In case you miss it, I've just stuck this thread inviting questions for a Boards.ie interview with David McSavage live. Feel free to add your questions.

I hadn't seent that interveiw with the jackass lads before, makes it all the funnier! Also i know i posted this not too long ago, but does anyone know what the song from the ad for the tourism episode was, its been driving me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Do you have a link to the trailer?

Came across this on youtube, aggro central!

• Advertisement

Sorry, i haven't, i was trying to find it to see if i could remember by listening to it again, had no luck though. As for that video, that was one angry dude!

feck it I know it I just cant name it....

I know! This happens all the time with ads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Speaking of music on the show, what's the name of that evil classical/choir music that plays during the priest child-napping scene every week? I'm pretty sure it's in my itunes library already, but I don't know the name of it so can't search for it. :rolleyes: I think it has a latin name or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this week's episode was one of the strongest of the series. I loved it.

I might be in the minority but I really like the NI sitcom skit.

O Fortuna is the name of it im fairly sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

That's it! Good man you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I might be in the minority but I really like the NI sitcom skit.

I just don't understand it. I really want to understand it and make an opinion based on that, but I just can't grasp it :)

So... Catholic and Protestant housemates, one is extremely catholic the other extremely protestant.....

After that, what am I missing? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I just don't understand it. I really want to understand it and make an opinion based on that, but I just can't grasp it :)

So... Catholic and Protestant housemates, one is extremely catholic the other extremely protestant.....

After that, what am I missing? :)

A giant arm and an almost inaudible catchphrase?? What's not to get?? :D

• Advertisement

That's it! Good man you are.

No bother, now if i could only figure out the song im after!

Advertisement