Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Hector was good, and the junkie's always worth a watch, terribly disappointed with Mick the Bull though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

National anthemn was funny in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

It's a very hit and miss show but when it hits it's very much on target. The public service song was gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Some brilliant sketches but the rest is pure garbage in fairness. Think it could be an awful lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The treaty sketch was priceless - I nearly spat my coffee over the laptop. :D

Agreed. My favourite part of the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The treaty sketch was the best thing on it tonight, everything else was mildly enjoyable, with the exception of the 'president for life' bit - that needs to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The bulls description of the dame street protest was spot on haha brilliant fecking queers !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

HAHAHAHAHA Loooove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Once again Mc Savage shows he's the best comedian this country has produced in the last 20 yrs or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'sure all we done is Give the Germans the key to the car. we're still in the back like, we can hop out any time we like' Brilliant savage eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

moby2101 wrote: »
    Once again Mc Savage shows he's the best comedian this country has produced in the last 20 yrs or so.

He's a decent satirist, but he's not a brilliant comedian. Not by a long shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I found it very funny tonight. The civil service is a department of the unemployed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

loved the protest within a protest. that lad will be getting stick in the pub tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

loved the protest within a protest. that lad will be getting stick in the pub tomorrow morning.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 urbanspaceman

best part of tonights episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Having enjoyed the previous series I was a bit worried that this was going to be a let down. Thankfully it beat my expectations. By no means the best episode ever of Savage Eye but still well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 urbanspaceman

the president for life stuff isnt funny, i sometimes have to look away when he does that. but mick the bull, the junkie and the treaty stuff was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

it's the third series?
    I thougt there was just the one around this time last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The greasy TD was very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

watched both recent episodes on the rte player imo and like several people on here i feel about half of the show was poor and half of it was quite good, a good chunk of the skits seem quickly put together but then some were well thaught out, this inconsistency baffles me a bit, wonder what time constraints are on them regarding writing/re-writing and filming then having time to say 'no cut that bit out, put that extra skit we filmed in' etc

doing pat kenny/joe duffy radio dj was done on apres match ages ago,while hector was good skit dez bishop skit was a bit muck i dont know why dave mcsavage always mimics people, also george lee got ribbed and that northern show i know its called the savage eye and thats prob what the idea is but it just seams very sniping rather than funny...

while i do think its the best comedy on rte i perfer when his skits are genuinely original caracters like the off the wall barman or the 'veheical' garda skit from the previous series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

moby2101 wrote: »
    With a joke like that you must be in the running aswell.

He is horrendously unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The treaty sketch was the best thing on it tonight, everything else was mildly enjoyable, with the exception of the 'president for life' bit - that needs to go.

agreed

and why is he picking on mary robinson she was only there one term....mary mcaleese stayed for the two (second term unelected)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 D_Man_22

It's the same recycled bull every week. I enjoyed it at the start, but the Christmas special was just dire!!

I think they should have just filmed him at the top of Grafton Street doing what he does best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 D_Man_22

padz wrote: »
    watched both recent episodes on the rte player imo and like several people on here i feel about half of the show was poor and half of it was quite good, a good chunk of the skits seem quickly put together but then some were well thaught out, this inconsistency baffles me a bit, wonder what time constraints are on them regarding writing/re-writing and filming then having time to say 'no cut that bit out, put that extra skit we filmed in' etc

doing pat kenny/joe duffy radio dj was done on apres match ages ago,while hector was good skit dez bishop skit was a bit muck i dont know why dave mcsavage always mimics people, also george lee got ribbed and that northern show i know its called the savage eye and thats prob what the idea is but it just seams very sniping rather than funny...

while i do think its the best comedy on rte i perfer when his skits are genuinely original caracters like the off the wall barman or the 'veheical' garda skit from the previous series

Despite the fact that I've panned it already on here, I think RTE are somewhat to blame, they are still very conservative and censor the **** out of the shows they have control over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

D_Man_22 wrote: »
    I think they should have just filmed him at the top of Grafton Street doing what he does best!

hiding in the green, not annoying anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

With a joke like that you must be in the running aswell.

He is horrendously unfunny.

Dunno about that. As a stand-up, he's awful - relies on insulting people because his material is so poor. However the Savage Eye is great and much more suited to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That was gas, show's the mentality of the celtic jersey wearers at the anti-British protests.

The junkey gave me a good laugh, walking away with the megaphone, "Seriously, has anyone seen me sleeping bag ?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Junkie with the megaphone and the Bulls party political broadcast were hilarious. Rest wasnt as good as previous series but still good enough all the same.

Great Werner Herzog reference in that scene with the way it was narrated.
    Anybody who saw "Grizzly Man" should have got it.

Overall show was ok - the re-using of the same themes as jokes - British Rule, Guards, etc. etc. is getting a bit lazy. More innovation needed - can't rest on laurals...

• Advertisement

Was it just the one Roy keane/Mick mccarthy sketch they did? Overall i love the show. Satirical humour suits McSavage Andrews down to the ground but i doubt his stand up is much good.

Advertisement