Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Lucan to UCD

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Really want to go to UCD next year but will have to trek in from Lucan every morning by bus.

Anyone here have experience of travelling from Lucan?? I know that theres the 25X and 66X direct to Belfield in the morning, but whats it like coming home in the evenings? Will I have to get 2 buses?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The 25X and 66X run in the evening too during rush hour, not sure of the exact times. You'll most likely have to get two buses home if you're going home at any irregular times, but buses to Lucan from the city centre aren't too irregular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

25x leaves Belfield for Lucan at 4.10, 4.50 and 5.20 pm.

Getting home in the evening is grand if you are getting the x. Even getting two buses is fine outside rush hour traffic, unless you are very unlucky (as I tend to be) and the 25a is pulling off just as the 46a comes on to Westmoreland st.

It's the mornings I find a bigger problem. The 25x is always packed and if one of them is a bit late you'll find yourself standing all the way into town. Having to get two buses at that time is a nightmare. So sleep ons are out of the question.

Advertisement