Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Toys Online Store Delivery Ripoff

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Was looking at Smyths website toys.ie and found a product for €36.99 that I wanted to get delivered as its not so easy for me to get to one of their shops, they are charging €29.99 flat rate delivery within 7-10 days!

I've ordered larger items from foreign countries and have had them delivered quicker and cheaper than this.... I'm kinda in shock that they feel this is a competitive delivery rate to intice customers to purchase goods online with them.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Alot of companys charge flat rate delivery fee's, they can work out great if your buying large or many items but suck if you buy one item thats small.

Warehousexpress for example charge a flat rate fee to Ireland of £40, dabs.co.uk used to charge £30 flat rate,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

It's pretty unfair. But big or small it's all the same price.

Advertisement