Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline 23/11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

eoinbn wrote: »
    She could of been including the other tax increases over the last 12 months, people usually do.

Even with them though I'm not sure she'd be down 7% of take home pay. 7% of Gross before tax is calculated sure but her loss of take home pay would be lass than 7% then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL I was the guy who accused the union leaders of high treason.

Ahh, yeah that did generate quite a response didn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

nesf wrote: »
    That's €450 after tax, so it's closer to 700ish pre tax or thereabouts if she didn't make a mistake.

Let's say for simplicity that 450 euro is 7% of her monthly gross salary she's bringing in €6,428 a month. Or 77K a year. I'm sorry but really that's not a salary that can't take another cut. If it's 7% of her net salary then the girl is on well over 100K a year. So, eh, I think she made a mistake in that the levy is 450 euro gross pay before tax but will work out to only 270 euro out of take home pay.

She was saying that she wouldn't be able to pay her mortgage with another hit.

If your maths are correct and she's pulling 6.5k a month, how big are her mortgage re-payments??! :eek::eek:

Either she's bull****ting about not being able to pay her mortgage or she bought a house that was way way beyond her means.

Edit: or worse, she might have 2 mortgages. A little property speculation on the side perhaps. That along with her 'Rolls Royce' pension and she'd have been away'n a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL I was the guy who accused the union leaders of high treason.

Fair play !! :)

Agree that the segment on the strike was to rushed.

Advertisement