Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat costume with claws for 5yr old

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

This is my son's 1st yr to really believe in Santa (exposure to school etc)
    He wants a cat costume with claws that will allow him to climb trees and generally behave like a cat.
    He already climbs trees but "not as good as a cat"I want to indulge him with the whole fantasy thing of Xmas but I don't know how to tell him that Santa isn't a shape-shifter.
    I have had the "it will only be a pretend costume" conversation with him but he's not buying it "as if anyone can Santa can".
    This has been going on since late September and I am stuck as to what to do.
    Buy the stupid costume that will disappoint him or tell him straight that it's not gonna happen.
    Any advice appreciated:confused:
    I have always downplayed Xmas til now as I think it's a load of commercial tripe but if you could see his eyes when he talks about this....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I know it sounds silly but would you consider acrylic nails??? I mean I do acrylic myself the odd time and it could be done I suppose, granted they wont last long, I mean they will come off but for the magic of christmas and that you could give him what he wants.

Advertisement