Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for goodbye...

Options
  • 24-11-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Well, it's been nearly two years since I first started moderating the Sligo board, and now it's time for me to say goodbye.

My photography business is set to launch in a few short weeks and so I need to start being more productive with my time, and spending less of it on boards. To be honest, you're all very well behaved and moderating the Sligo board has never been much work, but I feel that since I now live in Galway I should let someone local take over where I leave off. It's unfair of me to cling to it doing the bare minimum when someone else could be taking the forum in a positive and constructive direction.

It's not because I've known you the longest, it's because you're all such kind and lovely people that this board was always my favourite to moderate. It can be hard to tell your friends off though :)

Love always, and of course I'll see you around!

Christine

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Best of luck with your photography business, hope that goes well for you. Shame to see you step down. If your replacement is half as good then the forum will be in fine hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Xiney wrote: »
    My photography business is set to launch in a few short weeks and so I need to start being more productive with my time, and spending less of it on boards.

Also less time on Farmville on Facebook :P

Oh and of course, good luck with the photography. I'm sure it will be a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Also less time on Farmville on Facebook :P

But I'm kicking ass and taking names!! I hit 120 000 xp today....

(nah, I am giving up farmville too. Just wanted to try and get to level 40 first...)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

all the best for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck Christine..

Am hoping the business takes off, and here's hoping I get a chance to burden yourself and Mr Xiney with my presence over the Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks and best of luck with the photography business! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Dear god no Xiney, don't leave Bobcar in charge!!!!

:D Best of luck doll, though I hope you'll still be popping in to say hi, even if you won't have the fun of bossing us around anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Nooooooooooooooo!

/clings to Xiney's leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Best of luck with the photography Xiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

farewell to a very good mod!!

All the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

best of luck with the new venture christine

;)
    fozzle wrote: »
    Dear god no Xiney, don't leave Bobcar in charge!!!!

he'll need a new assistant

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Xiney

Thanks for modding Sligo. Best of luck with the photography business, hope it goes great for you. Stay in touch and let us know how its going for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Xiney, genuinely sorry to see you go. Thanks for your excellent modding and I hope your successor operates in a similiar way. Obviously any business is tough in current times but if you are as good a snapper as you are a modder then I have no doubt it will be a success.

Its wierd saying goodbye to somone you have never met!!!

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Well said Blackiebest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    best of luck with the new venture christine

;)

he'll need a new assistant

:cool:

:cool::D:cool:Ahem!!!!:cool::D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Best of luck with your new venture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Good luck with the photography business Xiney. I will be sorry to see you go. :( We didn't always see eye to eye in the past as you know but I always thought you were a decent and fair person...take care.

Jabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I've been lurking a lot more than posting here lately, just wanted to say good luck in your new business!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Thank you Jabby, that really does mean a lot coming from you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Noooooo! *clings to Xiney's other leg* Who else is going to keep MrT in line?:p

I really hope your photography business takes off! See you on the farm :)

*gets the roasted chestnuts just in time to watch candidates squabble for the spare mod post* ;)

• Advertisement

Mrs.T wrote: »
    *gets the roasted chestnuts just in time to watch candidates squabble for the spare mod post* ;)

who mentioned squabbling

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

who mentioned squabbling

:p

Hee hee! Can we have live auditions for the wannabe mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best of luck with the new venture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

so let the election start!! where is that referendum? If we vote wrong we just do it again!!

Ps I vote mrs T so she can't keep me in line!!

Yes I saw that post!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

so let the election start!! where is that referendum? If we vote wrong we just do it again!!

Ps I vote mrs T so she can't keep me in line!!

Yes I saw that post!!!!

We can make it like the Pirate Cove in Pirates of the Caribbean, where all the pirates vote for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Ah if only you knew what was happening "behind the scenes" so to say. For all you know a replacement may have already been chosen but who is the question?:P

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Ah if only you knew what was happening "behind the scenes" so to say. For all you know a replacement may have already been chosen but who is the question?:P

*Prepares emergency evacuation in case Irish_Stew is given the evil power of Sligo Overlord*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Best of luck with the new business Xiney.

fozzle wrote: »
    *Prepares emergency evacuation in case Irish_Stew is given the evil power of Sligo Overlord*

do you know something i dont

:D

• Advertisement

do you know something i dont

:D
    I know a lot of things you don't know old man. :-p

Advertisement