Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debrecen v Liverpool (Act two of a three act play)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

mike65 wrote: »
    Formation my guess

Reina,
    Johnson, Carra, Agger, Insua,
    Masch, Lucas,
    Kuyt
    Gerrard--- Aurelio
    Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Spearing, Dossena, Aquilani, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel.
    you've hit the nail on the head there i think mike.. cant think of a better set up with what wev got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Johnson and Agger back
    No Aquilani start :(
    AGGER AND JOHNSON START - LISTEN LIVE
    Jimmy Rice in Budapest 24 November 2009
    Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson start for Liverpool in Debrecen this evening - listen live from 7.15pm GMT.
    The pair suffered injury woes at the weekend but are in the starting XI along with fit again Fabio Aurelio.

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Aurelio, Kuyt, Gerrard, Ngog. Subs: Cavalieri, Spearing, Dossena, Aquilani, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166584091124-1828.htm

Silver lining on the cloud. If Barcelona go out as well at least we will have something to play for in Europa League.

hey we havent even played yet.. keep europa league out of our heads unless it becomes a reality, which i hope it doesnt:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm shocked that Voronin isn't in the match team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Disappointed not to see Aquilani starting I have to say

yeah but its a 'happy' shock lol.. that lad shouldnt be let near the pitch tonite

No you're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Morzadec wrote: »
    Disappointed not to see Aquilani starting I have to say
    The cotton wool is coming off next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No real incentive to risk Aqua in a nothing game, especially considering Lucas hasn't exactly been the root of all our problems this season.

If he breaks downs again I will...well I don't know what I'll do.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    No real incentive to risk Aqua in a nothing game, especially considering Lucas hasn't exactly been the root of all our problems this season.

????? if we lose or draw tonite we are out, i wouldnt really call that 'a nothing game'

No you're not.

I am, N'Gog will get injured in the first challange! Kuyt will have to move centre and Benny come on but then he'd get injured (thats the season story so far). and then it would be er Gerrard right and Aquilani on then he'd get injured and all because Voronin was not included!

/wanders off to sit in a darkened room for next few hours.

????? if we lose or draw tonite we are out, i wouldnt really call that 'a nothing game'

Or if we win, most likely.

The big game was against Lyon and we blew it unfortunately, despite a really good all round performance.

If you think things are bad wait till TV three coverage starts. Cooper will be plugging some weekend away in Inchydoney no doubt. Martin Keown on with him tonight.

If you think things are bad wait till TV three coverage starts. Cooper will be plugging some weekend away in Inchydoney no doubt. Martin Keown on with him tonight.

5 a side tonight so will miss nearly all of it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I know it looks like we're more than likely out, but this competition is big enough to be worth fighting for regardless how slim the chances (and I don't think they are as slim as somepeople are making out).

I wouldn't call this a nothing game. Our season could be suddenly turned on it's head if things go well tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Silver lining on the cloud. If Barcelona go out as well at least we will have something to play for in Europa League.

Naw bai, it just means ye won't even have a tin pot trophy to console ye in the Summer.:pac:

cooper and keown... what is the world comin to?? really makes you appreciate eamo and co doesnt it

cooper and keown... what is the world comin to?? really makes you appreciate eamo and co doesnt it

Cooper is god-awful, but Keown is pretty decent. Less laughable in his opinions than Dunphy anyway.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I know it looks like we're more than likely out, but this competition is big enough to be worth fighting for regardless how slim the chances (and I don't think they are as slim as somepeople are making out).

I wouldn't call this a nothing game. Our season could be suddenly turned on it's head if things go well tonight

We can hammer the Hungarians tonight if we turn it on, but that in itself is unlikely.

Moreover, Lyon have no real incentive to top the group in my opinion due to the fact the "better" team in other groups doesn't always finish 1st. More to the point though, why would they want to keep us in when theres the chance we would knock them out somewhere down the road? All that isn't even talking into account the fact they may want to simply rest players for the weekend.

Beating Fiorentina ( in the event of a draw) by 3 goals is an unrealistic order as well to be brutally honest.

Anyway, as I said, you wouldn't drop Masch, so the implication is dropping Lucas for Aquaman. That contributes to my argument, Lucas has been relatively strong this season compared to some members of the squad and I certainly wouldn't risk Alberto in a 1 in 100 game when we can play a fully fit Lucas instead.

I am, N'Gog will get injured in the first challange! Kuyt will have to move centre and Benny come on but then he'd get injured (thats the season story so far). and then it would be er Gerrard right and Aquilani on then he'd get injured and all because Voronin was not included!

/wanders off to sit in a darkened room for next few hours.

I'd nearly take that cascade of injuries ahead of Voronin so far this season.

I'm hopeful it's a sign he's off in January for a couple of quid.

On Aquilani, thought this would be a good game to increase his match sharpness. I would expect him to be fairly high odds on coming off the bench for maybe 30 mins.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Cooper is god-awful, but Keown is pretty decent. Less laughable in his opinions than Dunphy anyway.

ya i suppose he does make some good points.. dunphys statements are laughable coz it brings the viewers in, theyl want to see a bit of an argument goin on when him and giles or whoever else is there disagrees with eamo.. cant beat the sky sports panel tho, jamie redknapp always speaks the truth imo

time to switch over to tv3! :pac:

5 a side tonight so will miss nearly all of it unfortunately.
    Thats dedication for you Noodler. Playing in the rain that is(as opposed to missing the pool game)

why are they talkin bout the france game? i thought it was liverpool who were playin tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

jamie redknapp always speaks the truth imo

Whatever about the Dunphy & Giles pantomime - have to disagree there about Jamie Redknapp, imo he's one of the worst pundits on the air.

Pool should win this one tonite i reckon, The Lyon/Fiore game will be tight though :)

Thats dedication for you Noodler. Playing in the rain that is(as opposed to missing the pool game)

Whole thing falls apart if someone won't play because of the rain in fairness! Its a match I can miss.

Quandary wrote: »
    Whatever about the Dunphy & Giles pantomime - have to disagree there about Jamie Redknapp, imo he's one of the worst pundits on the air.

Pool should win this one tonite i reckon, The Lyon/Fiore game will be tight though :)

haha iv heard many people say that about him, but whenever we lose he always picks out the good points and is very optomistic despite the loss:). i suppose he hasnt much to offer apart from that:o

Whole thing falls apart if someone won't play because of the rain in fairness! Its a match I can miss.
    Yeah I guess the more that comes the better. You can a breather every now again by Rotating. Tough going those five a sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aquilani on the bench. Is he fully fit yet?

3-0 win for the Reds but Fiorentina to lose in France convincingly

so very true.. nothin worse than a 5 v 4, especially on a wet nite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why isn't Benayoun starting? Is Gerrard fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Whats the goal difference between Liverpool and Fiorentina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Are TV3 having a laugh having Cascarino doing the commentary for a Liverpool game? :confused: It's Setanta and Lou Macari all over again.

N'Goggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Get in Liverpool, more of the same please. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Scrappy goal that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Flood gates open please!

Goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Are TV3 having a laugh having Cascarino doing the commentary for a Liverpool game? :confused: It's Setanta and Lou Macari all over again.

cant understand a word hes saying, sounds like hes talking through a mattress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Debrecen keeper looking dodgy, better try hitting some old school stevie's at him

N'gog 5th Goal of the season:D

Well done lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

N'gog 5th Goal of the season:D

Well done lad.

He's gone on a bit of a run, eh? Keep it coming, N'gog!!:D:D

Debrecen are pathetically bad.

Walkover for pool as predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

anyone got a good stream??

Nope :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

match is on tv3 if you have access

Good start to the game. Ngog looks lively. Just wish Trevor would get the names right. Kout not Koyt. Lucas not Lucash

Aquilani to come on at half time hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Switched over to Barca Inter match after the goal. At least Rangers are losing I suppose:pac:

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Switched over to Barca Inter match after the goal. At least Rangers are losing I suppose:pac:

Spoilers??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement