Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question regards interview portfolio

Options
  • 24-11-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

I asked this in the jobs thread but it sort of got left behind in the thread so I hope its to start another quick thread.

I have an interview and I've been asked to bring in a portfolio on a single project that I've done to vindicate why I should get the position.

I have two projects to choose from but the problem I'm having is I'm a little bit worried about how large or small to make the portfolio, both projects I have to choose from I have large documents detailing what I done and what I learned.

one is 30 pages long and the other is 70.

The question is what do I pull out of these documents to really sell myself in the portfolio, how long should it be? I was thinking 4 -5 pages but I could fill that easily and want some room for pictures too.

Are the following topics appropriate?

why I decided to do what I done in the project,
    what technologies I used,
    languages used,
    methodologies used,
    problems encountered and how I dealt with them,
    learning outcomes and project outcome

Again apologies about starting a new thread and some quick guidance or opinions is all I'm after

Advertisement