Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam - Shannon airport floods

• 24-11-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi am travelling to airport on saturday morning, wouldnt be to familiar with the road, should the roadsz be ok by sat or what diversions wud be in place, i've no idea how long it'll take

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine it will have cleared by Saturday, but you'll need to check closer to the date. If you want to be cautious, travel the evening before and get a B&B in Shanon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

hi am travelling to airport on saturday morning, wouldnt be to familiar with the road, should the roadsz be ok by sat or what diversions wud be in place, i've no idea how long it'll take
    you'll be fine, once you come to ennis, even just before, its motorway all the way to shannon, claregalway on your side is the worst affected

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

Drove from Mayo to west Clare via Ennis this morning. Came via Headford, Curraghline, round Galway ring roads, diverted to Loughrea, down to Gort, then clear all the way.

Listening to the Galway Bay FM while driving, and, unofficially, according to volunteers helping at Claregalway that road not supposed to open again until at least next Monday/Tuesday. Maybe bridge has been damaged by flood.

Took me 2 hours 45 minutes from Ballinrobe to Ennis, but was delayed for 45 minutes by huge tailbacks on Curraghline caused by some muppet who had abandoned the their broken down BMW on a completly unflooded section at 5:30am (took cops almost 4 hours to move it). Otherwise would have made Ennis in 2 hours from Ballinrobe, which is not bad considering diversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Check the AA roadwatch website late at night and early morning also - it has been very helpful during this past week in particular.

Advertisement