Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Squad Numbers?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Just scoping out my opposition for the cup and I notice he only has 26 players?! Eh woh? Can one do such a thing? I always thought you had to have at least 28?

My mind, eet eez boggling! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

He hasn't promoted any youth players since the switch from 25 to 28 man squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Wow... that's... that's like genius! Or something.

Are there many teams like that? Kinda seems like an unfair advantage that someone should stamp out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Wow... that's... that's like genius! Or something.
    Are there many teams like that? Kinda seems like an unfair advantage that someone should stamp out.
    Tournafulla RFC only went from 25 players to 27 players in the last few weeks.

Is it unfair? Maybe a little in that the option wasn't available to people who joined after the minimum was raised. Still, it's a saving of a couple of grand a week at the expense of having NO market activity - no buying, selling or promoting of players. So not really a huge advantage.

Tournafulla RFC only went from 25 players to 27 players in the last few weeks.

Is it unfair? Maybe a little in that the option wasn't available to people who joined after the minimum was raised. Still, it's a saving of a couple of grand a week at the expense of having NO market activity - no buying, selling or promoting of players. So not really a huge advantage.

No market activity at all? Wow... damn, I remember seeing this guy was an old salty sea dawg from season 2 (I think) but no activity at all, he must be really happy with his squad. Shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

No market activity at all? Wow... damn, I remember seeing this guy was an old salty sea dawg from season 2 (I think) but no activity at all, he must be really happy with his squad. Shiz.
    I should clarify - no market activity since the minimum squad size went from 25 up to 28 last season.

• Advertisement

I should clarify - no market activity since the minimum squad size went from 25 up to 28 last season.

Ah yeah, got that much... just think it's still impressive that he hasn't gotten the urge to buy a tasty player with all his monies.

Advertisement