Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me some Health Insurance!

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Been here about 3 months now and only recently realised that I need to get me some insurance, as my VHI has run out.

I'm fit and well, and the only thing I'd need to get anytime soon is maybe some dental work.

As far as I can see, there's loads of sites out there but struggling to figure out which would be best. I'm not entitled to Medicare so any tips from anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I used www.iselect.com.au to pick mine.

I'm with HBF and am happy with mine so far. Do check what packages you are entitled to on your type of visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I was with Manchester Unity. No problems with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

dental work? you on a whv?
    even with medibank/hcf etc you are only entitled to free check ups/cleaning etc per year. for serious work there is a 12 month wait period.
    Not sure whats available for whv's that would be "practical"

*I am assuming you are whv as you say you are not entitled to medicare

HOWEVER - taa daa ....check these guys out for dental work even on a tourist visa (I havent used them but maybe of use to you ...)

http://www.nobledentist.com.au/
    I recently moved to Australia and am not an Australian citizen. Am I eligible to join?
    Yes. Everyone in Australia is eligible to join. This includes tourists, international students, foreigners working in Australia, residents who are not citizens, senior citizens, other adults and children. If you are currently residing overseas and planning to travel to Australia for whatever purpose then you are also eligible to join

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

No I'm on a 457, likely going to be here at least 3 years so reckon it's best to have some just in case.

What kind of prices do you guys pay? I was looking at mbf earlier, they've got a all the usual offers and then a separate section for people of 457s. Gonna hit them with a call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Hi Vorsprung,
    As far as I know, on a 457 you need to get insurance that will give you Medical Repatriation to your home country.

I'm with these guys which includes the repatriation... http://www.austhealth.com/index.php on the 120 Plan. Make the payments every 3 months and doesn't cost any more than paying in full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement