Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resit essays

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you could hand up resit essays a week late and get deducted two grade points like normal or do they fail you for that?

Cheers!

Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'd say they wouldn't fail you, but your best bet is to get in touch with your lecturer. They can decide to accept a late essay. Do you have a valid reason for being late - as in extenuating circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 EthanWM

Unfortunately no, left it too late and it's really bad timing for essays. Only problem is the college is striking tomorrow so no one will be around..

Supposedly most lectures are on tomorrow, unless you've been told otherwise.

My advise would be to hand something in, even if they're going to fail you (which is unlikely). If you didn't hand anything in you could have someone moaning at you for not bothering to work for their class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 EthanWM

But there's no classes, it's just a resit assessment. That's why I'm worried..

Well I meant the college should be open so you can find out what'll happen if you submit a late essay.

Since it's a resit, the best you can get is a capped grade so I'd imagine handing in a semi-decent essay will cover you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lesmash

What happened with your essay? I'm in the same boat at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This thread is 4 years old, I sincerely doubt the OP will ever see your post. Contact your lecturer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement