Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Clubs and Discos of the past in Mullingar

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Would love to here from those of you who remember the discos and nightclubs of the past in Mullingar.Here are some I remember the Lake County,Bloomfield,the Beehive.how about the Friday nights in the Horizon would like to here from anyone who remembers theese.:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Wont talk to you until you tell me where "legs nite club" was ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

There was Oscar's nightclub in Broder's Hotel for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 profcreamy

I remember being kicked out of 'the metropolis' in danny byrnes for being underage...

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

When the Rugby Club was good it was ace, you could do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Raphaelle

I am working as a researcher for a documentary film about the history of wrestling in Ireland called The Fit Finlays. The film follows the story of the Finlay family from touring Northern Ireland in the 1950s and 60s to headlining in front of millions of fans as part of the WWE.

I am currently trying to source old pictures and film archive which could help tell the story of wrestling in Ireland, both amateur and professional. I am aware that the Beehive in Mullingar used to stage wrestling events. Does anyone have any photos or film footage of these or of the venue itself even?

I would also be very interested in speaking to anyone who might have old photos or film connected to the wrestling scene. I would like to speak to them as soon as possible as we will be completing the film early in the new year.

My contact details are as follows:

raphboland@gmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement