Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending my Xbox to microsoft?

• 24-11-2009 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey,i rang microsoft up and i specificly asked to not get a shipping label in an email as ive heard its easier to get the shipping label delived to your door,but what im unclear about is..

does the chap who's collecting my xbox from my house,have the label with him?

or does the label arrive at my house,and sometime later the guy comes and collects it?

also will microsoft give me back a brand new xbox? or will they just repair my broken one? (p.s i got the rrod so thats why im sending it away)

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

The label comes and you then call for them to collect it(This is how it worked with ups on my friends xbox)
    Also its a 50/50 chance if they send you a new one or your refurbed console.
    Really depends on the technician and if he is arsed to do it or not.
    If you get a new xbox it will most likely be a jasper model and they are the most reliable xbox you can have very quiet too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

awesome thanks! =]

so just to clarify,microsoft are sending me a label to my house now,that should arrive in a few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

They usually email you the label, you print it out, stick it on the box and arrange for collection or drop it off yourself at a UPS collection point (the Mailboxes, etc stores are collection points - http://www.mbeireland.ie/) but since you asked them to send you the label, I'm assuming they'll snail mail it and then you can send it off/get it collected. I doubt you'd get the label and have it collected at the same time but I didn't do it that way so not 100% sure. Why not just get the label emailed? It is the easiest option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

When mine had to get sent off, I asked the guy I was on the phone to from MS if he could send the label out with the UPS guy. He did, and it was much handier. Don't know if this helps you now OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

hey,just letting you's know that the guy from UPS came this morning and collected it,he had the label and everything..so in less than a day MS had got a UPS dude to come and collect it

now all i need to do is wait for it to come back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When mine was collected the UPS guy had the label and just stuck it on the box when he appeared to collect it.

Advertisement