Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing playlist from iPod to iTunes?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Right well basically, I did a clean install of Windows 7 onto my computer without backing up the Library.XML file. I have all my music backed up and have put it all back on iTunes but I now have over 20,000 songs on but my iPod can only hold around 5,000 songs and would take absolutely ages to sort out (Basically I'm a lazy cúnt). Just wondering as the title says, is there any way to import the playlist I currently have on my iPod onto iTunes so that I won't have to spend decades making a new one with the same stuff. I've tried googling it but have just been constantly referred to various dodgey software. If anyone knows anything just give me a shout, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

An application called Touch Copy 09 by Wide Angle Software, will import ipod playlists to iTunes, but imports the files as well from you ipod to a folder in itunes. Still though I was in the same boat as you and thought the software was great! Saved me a lot of hassle. If it finds the song's already in your itunes library, it doesn't import them again so avoids duplicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

majiktripp wrote: »
    An application called Touch Copy 09 by Wide Angle Software, will import ipod playlists to iTunes, but imports the files as well from you ipod to a folder in itunes. Still though I was in the same boat as you and thought the software was great! Saved me a lot of hassle. If it finds the song's already in your itunes library, it doesn't import them again so avoids duplicates.

Cool thanks a million, thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I'll check it out now, cheers.

Advertisement