Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane Airport Hostels

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any cheap hostels out near the domestic airport in Brisbane?? Having a lot of trouble locating one (which I'm guessing means there isn't any!) Trying to minimise costs getting out to the airport... :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Hmm, you raise an interesting point, I know there are a fair few Motels and the like out here, but I cant for the life of me think of a Backpackers Hostel anywhere in the surrounding suburbs.

oh yeah, the suburbs surroundin the Airport are
    Pinkenba
    Ascot
    Hendra
    Toombul
    Northgate
    Nundah
    Banyo
    Virginia
    Nudgee Beach

there are a few B&B's out at NudgeemudgflatsBeach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

The airtrain is a tenner and you're gonna have to take that to get to the airport anyway.

best off stayin in Roma Street IMO

tho ya could come out and stay at my new Gaff in Northgate, very quiet what with it being the only remaining residential property in the Industrial estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Stayed out on Kingsford Smith drive there recently, can't actually think of any hostels close to the airport. Cost us $25 each way in the taxi, and this was classified as an airport motel (as were all the others on that road).

Wonder if it is better to get the air train into the city? although I think they stop running at 7.30, hence why we went for the airport motels and not into the city itself.

Advertisement