Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 punkbuster Corrupted packet flow

Options
  • 24-11-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

i just wanna post this up for all of you. many people have major pains with PB related to Corrupted packet flow. heres the fix:

http://www.freedrive.com/folder/230479

the folder is public so no need to register or anything. just download em to your desktop.

1: get into your computer / C drive (main drive) / program files / EA games / battlefield 2.
    2: delete the folder named PB and close the window.
    3: double click on PBsetup.exe and remove BF2 from the list if its even on it. close it.
    4: now double click on the other file Pbsvc, agree to the terms and click next when required and wait for it to install. click Finish when its done.
    5: double click on pbsetup.exe again. agree and add game. select BF2 and run the update. close when its done.

thats it. should be ok now.

if you have any programs that do some kind of privacy sweep when you start the pc turn em off. they delete something essential for PB to work properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thanks for this might help me out.
    Is this just another version of the manual PB update that I normally do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mike_slain3

yes and then some. its re-installing it too. you could even go further and delete the punkbuster K file in your application data. i was stuck with this problem for ages and had to go through the process everytime i wanted to play (on a PB enabled server).

turned out the i had advanced system care 3. it was doing a privacy sweep at start up and somehow causing the problem. un-installed it and have never had the problem since.

Advertisement