Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCPHOTO!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

A challenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Er no, PC Photo does the photos of the suspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Where do they accused/suspects/guilty obtain newspapers to cover their faces?

Last line really seems like a challenge!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That last line looks wedged in. It doesn't say why. As in: is there underground locking up and therefore the van will come out with the prisoner already in it or have they come up with a by-law (or something like that) that prevents a photographer snapping them? Maybe I missed something in a previous paragraph as I really don't like reading articles on the computer.

I'm a bit worried as I've been taking photos of people hand-cuffed to authority figures for the last few months (The restraint of Leasts) and was looking forward to the new courts opening...just somewhere different to hang around. But that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Hmmm I'm bored of the backdrop that the Mater's A+E entrance is giving me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

humberklog wrote: »
    That last line looks wedged in. It doesn't say why. As in: is there underground locking up and therefore the van will come out with the prisoner already in it or have they come up with a by-law (or something like that) that prevents a photographer snapping them?

It's due to the building design - a secure van docking area (they say).

€120 million Dublin Criminal Courts Complex revealed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Paulw wrote: »

€120 million Dublin Criminal Courts Complex revealed

Jayzuz....they want to take all the fun out of everything. Herrrumpph.

Protect the rights of the criminals!!

Borderfox wrote: »
    Protect the rights of the criminals!!

Innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Thanks AR - spotted the title and thought I was in trouble !!

knew that was coming for about 2yrs...... pics will still be possible of people on bail and witnesses/family.

The new courts will only handle criminal matters - so the Four courts will cover Civil, High Court and Supreme Court matters - I'll more than likely stay in the Four Courts and cover these .... or just find other work.

apparently some of the prison vans dont quite fit ..... its basically an underground car park.[secure van docking area pffft :P]
    I might eb a slight bit biased but I believe that criminals (if convicted or accused of a serious crime) should be published - even if it was distributed by the gardai/prison service.

THE IDEA BEHIND THE SECURE VAN DOCKING AREA: van drives in - shutters close behind it and then prisoners are takes off from the van and placed in holding cells...so no photos of criminals in custody. :(

There was a photocall yesterday morning....I didnt go up and photograph it - but from what the reporters were telling me the press area is pretty small and phone reception inside the building is crap (which means using an internet dongle will be crap or maybe not even possible)

• Advertisement

PCPhoto wrote: »
    apparently some of the prison vans dont quite fit ..... its basically an underground car park.[secure van docking area pffft :P]

No surprise the vans can't fit. Sounds like a port tunnel job. :D

I doubt it'll put you out of business.

No surprise the vans can't fit. Sounds like a port tunnel job. :D

I doubt it'll put you out of business.

not a hope - have my hands in many pies (metaphorically :D)

Get a job as a government architect and you dont even have to know the dimensions of the vans to fit!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

have my hands in many pies (metaphorically :D)

sounds very devious, PCPhoto...;)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wheatfield is already like this. The accused doesn't come near the public at all, just straight into the dock in the court.

FX Meister wrote: »
    Wheatfield is already like this. The accused doesn't come near the public at all, just straight into the dock in the court.

dont you mean the court at Cloverhill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I probably do. I've only been there once. I was lucky enough to witness a spa through a block of hash from the back, trying to get it into the box where the defendant was. He missed. Even the judge saw it happen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So how about when they've been proven guilty they should be made walk the street outside for a few min?

Cabaal wrote: »
    So how about when they've been proven guilty they should be made walk the street outside for a few min?

and shot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

and shot !

With a camera? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement