Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMMA from Wednesday

• 24-11-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Saw this on the news last night - http://www.imma.ie/en/page_197023.htm

Some really fantastic photos in it. I'll be first in the queue Wednesday morning I think :D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just an add on...it is a pay in job (I think a fiver) but it's free in on a Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Diane Arbus was a genius

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

humberklog wrote: »
    Just an add on...it is a pay in job (I think a fiver) but it's free in on a Friday.

Pay in? Is the IMMA not free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Oh i'd love to see this. How long does it run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

25 Nov 2009
    07 Feb 2010

very tempted to get the train up to dublin to see this...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pay in? Is the IMMA not free?

It is mostly but this is running seperately, kinda like the Munch exhibition running in the National at the mo.
    There are other exhibition on there too which a free in but this one is a pay in jobby.

humberklog wrote: »
    It is mostly but this is running seperately, kinda like the Munch exhibition running in the National at the mo.
    There are other exhibition on there too which a free in but this one is a pay in jobby.

I'm a miserable sh1te so I think I'll wait until Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Well worth the trip to Dublin from anywhere in Ireland. And I'd say even a fee.

Got a chance to see a few of the pictures already last Thursday (exhibition wasn't ready yet) and wanted to post about it since - just didn't get it done yet.
    Apart from the photogs mentioned there are pictures from Lee Friedlander, Andy Warhol, Henri Cartier-Bresson...And of course different techniques (pinhole, picture taken over a period of 2 years...) And it seems MOMA usually doesn't like to travel with them so a rare opportunity to see them without having to travel to New York (better shut up now or I'll get into trouble with my employer;))
    Anyhow got the catalogue that day and plan to bring it to the launch party on Saturday. All 145 pictures in there.

Edit: It's in the new gallery (coming from Heuston station on the right outside the usual IMMA building) maybe that's another reason why it's easier to collect a fee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Are the Catalogues free or is there just a limited supply? I'm going to go up just before christmas.. I'd like to get one!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I suppose the catalogue is not for free especially as it's a hardcover. And I have no idea if they only have a limited number of them. Sorry.
    Thursday was a promotion thing for people in the travel business and the catalogue part of a goodybag we got (first time I ever got one I think).
    But maybe someone else will go there soon and can answer the question...

• Advertisement

Went to see the exhibition this afternoon and WOW!
    It's a stunning collection of black & whites from the early to late 1900's and is well worth a visit. There's a couple of large panos which are superb and some are just bursting with humour - there's even an unintentional Monty Python sketch :D

I even bought myself an early Xmas pressie of the catalogue (€40) so I hope it's worth it - won't get to open it until Xmas Day!

But definitely make the effort and get to see it - as humberklog says it's free on Fridays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

PM me your wave address please?

Advertisement