Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reduce LPG bill

Options
  • 24-11-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Currently living in a house (2500sq ft) built c2003/4.house has UFH and uses LPG.Last year we spent over €1600 but some of this was us getting used to temp settings. Brought the cavity and attic insulation up to standard and house feels nice and warm. Have most of downstairs at 18 deg from 2pm-10pm and 17 deg from 10pm-2pm. This means the boiler is on approx 3-3.4 hrs daily (from 2pm-5ish)We also have a multi fuel stove which adds to these temps by night.
    My problem is that with running the boiler for 3-3.5 hrs daily my LPG is still costing us nearly €200 per month-will be close on €1000 for the year at this rate. An improvement on last year but still alot-
    So,
    A. at 0.72c per unit is it just the price of LPG
    B.Are my UFH setting incorrect
    C. Is the boiler or UFH set up incorrectly
    D.Sounds about right for the size of the house

Off to order more LPG...

Thanks

Advertisement