Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degree Courses

• 24-11-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows of colleges that have photography degree courses on in Dublin. I'm preferably looking to do one by night as I would be a mature student, did a quick search to no avail. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

spiderdan wrote: »
    Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows of colleges that have photography degree courses on in Dublin. I'm preferably looking to do one by night as I would be a mature student, did a quick search to no avail. cheers

Hi ya,

There are a couple of choices...I'm doing the photography degree at night in griffith college. It is a very good course which takes you back to basics of processing film and then moves on to digital (in first year). But to give a balanced side, I believe you can do a course at the NCAD and other places too...anyone else like to jump in?

If you have any questions, just ask away!!:)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Hi,

Thanks for that, sounds exactly what Im looking for, looking to get into the film side of things, off traveling for 6 months in Jan so looking at my options when I return. Just a few quick questions on Griffith,

- how many nights p/w?
    - class size?
    - Hard to get into?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

Griffith College is your only option for an decent evening course in or around Dublin, if your situation changes do check out the UK courses they are very highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

monosnaps wrote: »
    Griffith College is your only option for an decent evening course in or around Dublin, if your situation changes do check out the UK courses they are very highly rated.

any recomendations on any UK ones in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Since this thread is here, I wonder, are degree courses including digital yet or are they all focussed on film? I just dont have the patience for film.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Since this thread is here, I wonder, are degree courses including digital yet or are they all focussed on film? I just dont have the patience for film.

havin looked at various ones lately, they all seem to start with film and then progress into digital.
    the gcd course looks good i must say, way ahead of some of the distance learning ones ive looked at, as you would expect!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'm final year in the BA Photography course in DIT, but I don't think they offer a night course. I know people in the fulltime day course in Griffith and they're very positive about it.

These courses generally start with film just to get people to slow down and think about what they're doing, rather than charging in with a brand new SLR and shooting everything they possibly can. It's funny, I started college hating film, and couldn't wait to get through first year and start using digital in second. I worked digitally for 2 years, but now for my Major Project I'm shooting medium format film. You never know what way your interests will take you. If you hate film, you won't have to deal with it any more or less than you choose after first year I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

I'll be working at the DIT Open Day at the photography stall in Aungier St on the 5th December. Come down and have a chat with me and a couple of other students!

Advertisement