Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Night In The City Was Crazy (23rd Nov)

Options
  • 24-11-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Was in town at around midding last night and I have never ever seen so many drunk teens and ealy 20's. It was ten times as bad as Paddy's Day.

I have been in the city nearly every weekend for 20 years or more. What the f**k was going on?

I seen five girls with pint glasses battering one girl outside City Hall and that was before I got to temple bar. Were exam results or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Possibly due to the no schools today? Nothing particular going on that I was aware of, but teens might have been celebrating the strikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'd say everyone who didn't have work or college or school today because of the strike went on the tear last night. I know I would have if I wasn't in the bloody private sector! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

cosmic wrote: »
    I'd say everyone who didn't have work or college or school today because of the strike went on the tear last night. I know I would have if I wasn't in the bloody private sector! :rolleyes:

Must be that so. Seriously, it was mad. Did see some girls flashing their boobs though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

And here lies what's wrong with Ireland.... We are a nation of gobshítes and these are the future of the country who will supposedly dig us out the mess we're in.

The so-called smart economy, highly educated workforce. They might be highly educated but they'll be thick as fúck. And you wonder why Bat O'Keeffe wants to cut educational spending.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Did see some girls flashing their boobs though :D

o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Crazy night, so many fights because monday nights there wasnt many places open! 21's, bondi and purty kitchen were open but full before most people even got into town, leaving us students rambling the streets!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

All the gay colleges were closed. DCU still open though, we'd have kept a handle on things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It was all the union members, apparently who are hard up, out celebrating because they have a day off today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jip wrote: »
    It was all the union members, apparently who are hard up, out celebrating because they have a day off today.

The kids I saw running around drunk off their faces were definitely not in a union. Unless Leaving Cert students have unions now.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The kids I saw running around drunk off their faces were definitely not in a union. Unless Leaving Cert students have unions now.

You seen them too Anono?? How about the 'Girls Gone Wild' chicks? :D

A was walking down by The Vat House (Blooms) there and three guys tried to grab me but I was bit light on my feet and jogged on a little. I says 'Get the f**k out my face before I take you head off' (they would have battered me, but I find in Dublin a little bit of bravado goes along way ;)).

One of them says, "Ah man, noo, we jst wana show you some Crack n see if ya wana boy it n all".

Bleedin stoners :) Have to say though that it seemed to be the girls that were more out of it than the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Jip wrote: »

hmmmm....could go to explain the alleged 15 mile tailback into Newry this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

beyonce was also on in the o2 which coulda added to the madness

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

absolutely mad night, twentyones had to close doors at around 11.15 and not reopen for the rest of the night, bondi quickly filled then followed by purty kitchen and q-bar. coppers was just as bad and i'd to stand on westmoreland street directing people to leave at least 5 times before they'd realise they weren't gettin into 21's!!!!

and now i hear we'll have to it all again on the 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

AnonoBoy wrote: »

I'm sure there may have been just a few union "bad apples" on the tear also. In another related story today, Newry was jam-packed with Republic of Ireland shoppers splashing the cash in the other jurisdiction.

absolutely mad night, twentyones had to close doors at around 11.15 and not reopen for the rest of the night, bondi quickly filled then followed by purty kitchen and q-bar. coppers was just as bad and i'd to stand on westmoreland street directing people to leave at least 5 times before they'd realise they weren't gettin into 21's!!!!

and now i hear we'll have to it all again on the 3rd!

So you work down there? I totally believe what you said there as I walked past Fitzsimons (I think that's what it's called - opposit Milano Pizza) in Temple Bar and there was a queue all the way back to Hungry Harry's trying to get in and they were all out of their box.

One thing I have noticed over the past few months is young people drinking take-outs in doorways just down the road from nearly all nightspots. I can see nightclubs bringing in breathalyzers otherwise they will lose a lot of cash if people are coming in drunk and not buying drink.

Allthough, they make so much cash maybe it doesn't effect them too much. Coppers alone makes millions on it's cloak room ffs :)

Advertisement