Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orchard House

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was in the new pub up there in New Orchard last night, it looks like a cracker of a pub and when he gets the kitchen open looks like it will be good spot for a bit of Sunday lunch. He also has a massive outdoor area so I can see it being popular in the summer. Staff were very friendly also which is nice.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Was in it just before it opened. It's nicely finished.

I got the Drinking Bulmer's in the Sun vibe off the garden at the back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

It's about a 30 second walk from my house, so I'm particularly happy :)

It's been open for a few weeks now. Has 3 separate bars - a snug, a lounge, and a sports bar. Will also have a function room for parties I believe and a restaurant upstairs.

The official opening is early December when I believe the kitchen and function room will be ready. Not sure about the restaurant though.

Was over there for a few football matches and I'm really impressed. I like the way they have the different bars, so if you are not interested in watching you can have a quiet pint (or food when the time comes).

Heard that he will have a playground out the back for children as well

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

where exactly is this pub ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It's up past the Newpark soccer pitches and driving range on the left, or if you're coming from Lintown direction go down the old golf links road to the end and it's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Finally, i dont have to walk 20 mins to get to Pat Carolls and get my jaw broke when i fancy a pint! And there's an offie too. Wohoo. Now if only they'd grant permission for that cinema, my side of town might actually get the developments it deserves given the ammount of people living out there.

Their luncheon is sublime and reasonably priced.

Ten thumbs up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Their luncheon is sublime and reasonably priced.

Ten thumbs up.

I'll have to give it a try.

Two courses for a tenner while stocks last.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I'm delighted to hear there's some much needed pubbage and indeed, facilities over in a part of town that's lacking them. When Pat Carroll's is your best option, times are hard. I hope Orchard House does great business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

jiggajt wrote: »
    Finally, i dont have to walk 20 mins to get to Pat Carolls and get my jaw broke when i fancy a pint!
    Or you could just walk across the road to lenehans, cracker of a little pub, But it is good to get something a bit further out, might try it myself now tonight.

Advertisement